year five: dinners

Start from the beginning

"In-- In love?"

The Lupin-Black girl cocked an eyebrow, smirking ever so slightly. "Don't you believe in true love, Weasley? Because if I remember correctly--"

"No, no." Ginny raised her hand with her eyes narrowed at her brother's girlfriend. "You are not doing what I did to you last year. No way."

"Don't like it, do you?"

"I hate you."

Hope only laughed, leaning her head onto Ginny's shoulder. "No you don't. You wish you hated me."

All of a sudden, Ginny sat up taller with her eyes widened. "J, is that Tonks and Charlie?"

Outside of the doorway that lead to the kitchen, Nymphadora Tonks and Charles Weasley stood talking to each other. Tonks' hair was an obvious shade of blush pink and Charlie stood way too close for the two of them to be anything but friends.

"Your scars are, uh, cool, Charlie." commented Tonks, feeling her tanned hand up the Weasley man's scarred arm before her brown eyes went wide. "Oh, you have muscles. That's, uh, neat."

"Your saying you didn't notice?" he teased, putting a stray piece of hair behind her pierced ear. "I could've been fooled by the way you intently looked at me."

Nymphadora Tonks' cheeks soon matched the pink shade of her hair. "No, no, I noticed-- Not that I was staring, because I wasn't."

Charlie only laughed, like he had known the girl his entire life. "I like your hair pink, it fits you."

"Pink is for pansies." she stated before changing her hair to a vibrant shade of violet which made her smile. "Now, purple? Purple is for badasses."

"You always did know how to take compliments, Nymphie."

The nickname made the Tonks woman hair turn back to a shade of pink, and trip over thin air, which wasn't uncommon for her in the slightest. "You haven't called me that in years, Weasley."

He shrugged his shoulders, his own cheeks turning a bright shade of pink. "I haven't seen you in years, Tonks."

Not being able to take their spying of the two any longer, Hope and Ginny turned the corner with smirks on their faces. The sight of the two trouble-making girls made the two twenty-two year olds to jump in fright.

"What is going on here, you two?" asked Ginny, raising her eyebrows at her older brother. "An odd place for talking, isn't it?"

Tonks' face quickly heated up and her hair changed a couple of different colors before she managed to stutter out. "Wh-- What?"

"Don't get so flustered, Dora." snickered Hope, placing a hand on her older cousin's shoulder playfully. "It's just a question, don't act so suspicious."

"Now, explain yourselves."

Charlie Weasley only pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a laugh. "The younger version of Fred and George, I see. Who would've thought, Hope and Ginny."

Hope only cocked an eyebrow, unphased by his joke while Ginny struggled to keep in a laugh. "Subject changing, I see. An odd thing to do, Charles."

"Charlie and I dated back when we attended Hogwarts," admitted Tonks, her hair going back to a normal purple color which she liked it at. "It's not a big deal--"

Ginny's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. "What? You never told me."

"You two? You are perfect for each other--"