''Did you like it'', Wilson stopped in his tracks, tipping her chin so she would look into his eyes.

''I loved it'', Meghan smiled genuinely and placed a light kiss on his cheeks.

''Lunch'', Wilson asked.

''Yes please, I'm famished'', Meghan nodded, Wilson placed a kiss on her lips and pulled her closer to him.

They entered a very beachy restaurant, Marination Ma Kai, very close to the shore.

The restaurant was all wood and rustic nothing modern and eclectic. Wooden benches, bamboo pillars, ceiling constructed of leaves and hay, it was beautiful. It got darker pretty quickly so tiny light bulbs illuminated the place, letting the beach and sand work its beauty on the ambience.

''They have a fixed menu, I hope you don't mind'', Wilson prompted.

''Sure'', Meghan was still not over admiring the beauty.

Soon, two mugs of beer and two bowls of clam chowder were placed on their table.

''Enjoy your meal, Sir, Mam'', the waiter smiled courtesy.

''Mhmm, this is so delicious'', Meghan moaned as she grabbed a spoonful of her chowder.

Wilson's pupils dilated, a natural reaction to Meghan's moan. How he wished that moan was a result of something else and not the chowder. He quickly turned his concentration to the food, enjoying the peace cocooning them.

''You love outdoors'', Wilson declared watching Meghan at peace.

''I do, but this is just out of the world, and it coming from you, I'm touched'', Meghan teased.

''What were you expecting'', Wilson genuinely wanted to know.

''Judging by the looks of you, a fancy lunch at a high-end restaurant with waiters scurrying around you pouring expensive wine into crystal glasses'', the two of them laughed heartily.

''Well we aim to please!'', Wilson shrugged.

''The hell you can, this was amazing, thank you. I'm glad I agreed'', Meghan shyly nodded.

''So tell me something about yourself, childhood maybe, anything'', Wilson made a go to knowing her better. For a moment she seemed lost, but quickly smiled reminiscing a fond memory from when she was small.

''My favorite time from when I was little was my mum and dad taking me to the beach. We would pack a huge picnic basket with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, those fluffy blankets and huge inflatable balls and rubber ducks. Hours on the beach and my dad would barbeque on those private shallots later in the evening'', her eyes had turned watery now that she missed them so much. Wilson quickly regretted asking the question.

''I am sorry mi amor, I shouldn't have'', he leaned forward to graze her cheek with his hands.

''What about you'', she asked looking away at the sea. He genuinely wanted to lighten the mood so he did.

''It was my mother, I was always her lola except when I brought stray dogs home as pet and drenched myself in a mud pool by an old graveyard beside our home. I was actually a rebel'', he winked.

''You still are, hombre loco'', she laughed.

''Ouch, you are catching up on Spanish'', he raised an eyebrow in surprise.

''Nahuh, just that''

They made their way home, it was already evening and Meghan just couldn't stop smiling the whole time, Wilson seemed relaxed too.

''Until next time'', Wilson winked.

''That's just presumptuous'', Meghan kissed his cheek and walked towards her apartment leaving him grinning from ear to ear.

Chapter 21 is up you guys. I hope you loved reading this chapter as much as I did writing. Such a breath of freshness! Please dont forget to vote, comment and share💜