Eagerly my gaze takes in the expanse of his sculpted chest. But I need more.

"Turn around," I dictate next.

He once again does as told and flips so I can see his back. The power and control makes my blood rush and my heart beat faster. I take in the tattooed pitchfork making my own matching ink spark to life as if our ink is somehow connected.

My fingers reach out to trace the words, and I find myself leaning forward until my lips are pressing into his warm skin. I can feel the tension slide out of his muscles as he instantly relaxes at my touch.

"You didn't let me touch you in the car," I start as I press another kiss against his skin. "But you told me I never have to ask for permission," I remind him as my fingers trail around his back and to his front until I near his waistline.

His hands grab mine, stopping them in their tracks. I let out a heavy sigh of frustration. The moment in the car only escalated my desires for him, and not being able to touch him how I want is driving me absolutely crazy.

"You don't have to ask permission, Jameson. Ever," he promises. "But I was too worried I would crash us if you touched me. I wasn't as in control as I would've liked," he admits.

I open my mouth to respond, but a beeping sound stops me. I pull away from him a bit as I glance over to see the water has stopped running and the tub is now perfectly filled with steaming hot water and citrusy airy bubbles.

Preston breaks away from my touch. "Come on." His hand grabs mine as he walks us over to the tub.

He then strips the rest of his clothes off and I follow suit until we are both fully naked. I'm pulled back to the night of the library fire when we showered together after I cried in his arms. I thought I lost him that night.

But I didn't lose him. He's right here in front of me.

My hand reaches out of its own accord and lands on his bare chest, right where his heart is. My nails on reflex sink into his skin.

I don't know if he can read my mind or see the memory that lingers in my mind. But his lips lift into a soft smile at my subconscious need to mark him as mine as if he might disappear before my very eyes. He places his hand over mine before lifting the palm of my hand to his lips. It instantly puts me at ease and brings me back fully into this moment as he comforts me.

Preston leads me into the tub until we perfectly sink into the water and each other. My back rests against his front as the hot water starts to turn my skin pink and my muscles into mush. I feel safe and warm and my head falls back onto his shoulder as I let out a content sigh.

Bubbles encase us as I lazily draw my fingers through them and play. I then place my hand on his knee to help rotate myself halfway to look at him. It shouldn't be comfortable but the tub is so large I can easily sit sideways on his lap.

His hands never leave me as I relax into his body. A smile finds my lips at the way he always finds a way to touch me. Caress me. Comfort me. He always makes me feel wanted and safe and it makes my head spin and my heart skip a beat.

He doesn't speak as he continues to touch me, almost innocently, but his soft touch sends me into a frenzy. It's almost as if he's in a trance and isn't completely aware of the effect his touch is causing.

But I can't take it anymore. My body can't take it anymore.

So without warning I flip around, forcing water to slosh over the edge of the tub, so my thighs are straddling him. I toss my arms around his neck, letting my fingers comb through his dark hair, and the image of us on lust night causes my hips to sink into his. He isn't inside me, but somehow I feel closer to him than ever before.