Prince Carlos: Prologue & Chapter One

PRINCE CARLOS

BY TIFFANY TICONG

A VAMPIRE ROMANCE NOVEL

PROLOGUE:

    My name is Selena Marcus, I’m nineteen and I’m about to go to Rain University in England. I’ve done packing, I gotta get to the airport in an hour, and I’m just saying bye to the rest of my family before my Dad Daniel drives me to the airport.

“Be a good girl, huh, don’t get into any kinds of danger.” My sweet loving and caring mother exclaimed, kissing me in the cheeks as we’re close to each other.

I looked at her and grinned. I’m trying not to cry even though Mom is, because this is the best thing that’s ever happened in my life because I’m trying to fulfil on what I want.

“I will, Mom.” I said.

“Selena, we have to get going.” Dad called from the front door.

I nodded. “I gotta go.” I said.

I moved away from Mom slowly as I’m staring at everyone else. “Please don’t miss me too much.” I demanded.

Their all pretty unhappy with me leaving. But I’m not even gonna be there for long, I’m only there for three years. But, what I don’t understand is that why am I sent all the way to England, when I could just take the University in Queensland.

“Bye…” I whispered before I turned around and stepped out of the door.

Going to the Rain University is a big step for me, I figured that out since I was fifteen. I always consider to myself would I be ready to be heading somewhere far away from home, I mean England may look small in the map, but it’s a heck of a big place.

“I’m really happy for you, Selena.” Dad said while driving the car.

I looked over to him. “Thank you, Dad.”

I then caught a tear pouring down his cheek. When he looked over I quickly looked away, I didn’t want him to notice.

“Tears of joy sweaty.” He suddenly said.

I didn’t actually think that he’d become aware of me spotting his tear. I didn’t say anything else, I didn’t want to make this day to be such an upsetting day for Dad and the rest of my family.

CHAPTER ONE:

SON OF THE PRINCIPAL

 I arrived at England airport, once I stepped out of the plane, it was freezing cold. So before I could see the teacher that’s meant to pick me up named Mr. Alexander Spencer, I just needed to go to the girls toilet and change into something more warm and comfortable.

Afterwards, I could see Mr. Spencer holding a sign with my name signed on it.

“Hi, you must be Mr. Alexander Spencer.” I said stopping in front of him after passing the doorway.

“You’re five minutes late, Ms. Marcus.” He claimed after shaking my hand.

“Yes and I’m very sorry about that, I didn’t actually think that it would be in the middle of winter here.” I apologized.

“Well that’s fine, come now, there’s a car waiting for us both.” He said. He turned around and I followed.

I’m a little inquisitive about Mr. Spencer, after shaking his hand, it was really cold. But I think it’s because of the weather outside of this airport. I also realized that his skin was pale, and his eyes were like - bright brown. Other than that, I love his English ascent.