chap. 35 || alright

Start from the beginning

"Anyways, what team do you know is coming over? I'm curious and I'd like to know if they also have a lady manager along with them."

You gleamed at Masanori after she asked that. "Well, first we have Shinzen from Saitama."

"Pfft- Saitama."

"...then we have Ubugawa high. Oh...! You'll love Eri-Chan! She's a real sweetheart...!" You exclaimed, hopping a little since you were very excited to see them again. Masanori tilted her head to the right. "Is she hot?"

"C...Come again?" You said, blinking your eyes in puzzlement.

"Is the Eri girl...Ubugawa's lady manager?" The female in front of you questions in such a serious manner. You nodded very slowly, "Uhhh...yeah...but that's not all. Although she is very cute...?"

"Cute? Oh sure I like cute girls."

"Hold on, what are you- Uhh, anyways, theres Fukurodani..." you told her next, shaking a little as you twiddled your fingers together. There was a silent 10 second pause before slowly, you motioned Masanori to come forward to whisper something to her.

"In Fukurodani, theres this good looking setter on the team...! I also made friends with both of their managers there. They're both 3rd years so..." you whispered in her ear, your tone mixed with a hint of excitement and nervousness.

Masanori grinned, "Heh~?? Is that so? Well I'm pumped! I could go for two third years!"

"Wait what-

"Knock knock, you two," a voice quickly interrupts by the time you were about to ask the 2nd year. It was Nobuyuki who was behind the door. He had a sweet smile spread all over his voice while his eyes were tight shut. It really did described his person with just a look. The both of you jumped.

"Nobuyuki-Senpai...!"

"Excuse me for the interruption, but the coach is calling you two down the gymnasium. 'Says it's time to get ready for the day and to fix your bags later," the third year says, his smile not drenching away from his face. You and Masanori exchanged glances before turning back to your Senpai and nodded.

"Uhhh...sure, we'll be right there," the pixie haired individual says before Nobuyuki left the room all smiley. Masanori stretches both of her arms up in the air, a satisfied grin wiped over her cheeks as she sighed. "Mann...!! I'm so excited to meet the other managers!"

"Me too," you replied to her very calmly. Methodically, Masanori stood up from the now opened space classroom floor, stretched her back along with her arms once more, and hurriedly walked over to the door. "C'mon, F/n!! Let's go down!"

"I'll be right there. I'll just finish these up for a second."

"Ok, whatever you say. See ya!" The girl waves before leaving you alone in the classroom. You continued to fix your stuff and grab all your needed materials down for laters practice while you brain was imagining what was possibly going to happen next.

Damn, you wondered how Kaori, Yukie, Yachi and the other managers are doing. You hoped they're alright and healthy. You were going to cry if anyone of them gets sick or something.

'Hitoka-Chan hasn't texted me since yesterday...I hope she and Shimizu-Senpai are doing alright...' your thoughts told to yourself as you continued fixing the room before leaving.

Taking the last pillow on top of the perfectly folded futon in one side, a knock two times near the sliding door echoed through the room, making you stop your actions and turned you head to scan where the echo came from.

It was Yamamoto.

"H-Hey..." Yamamoto started, his tone stammering and his eyes looking from left to right as his right hand was brushing the back of his neck very awkwardly.