|25| 𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓕𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

Start from the beginning

"I-It's nice to see you," she says looking at me sympathetically. "oh and who's this?" she asked as her eyes fell to Victoria.

Victoria answered for herself. "I'm Victoria," she says, her voice controlled and a faint smile to her lips. I look down at our intertwined hands only to see I was squeezing the life out of them. I loosened my grip instantly and brought her hand to my mouth and placed a kiss on the back of it, giving her an apologetic look.

"Oh, your girlfriend?" Mia asks her eyes raised as she scans Victoria from head to toe. I nod. "It's so lovely to meet you, Victoria," Mia's shocked expression changes and smiles tightly at her.

"Why don't you guys stay for another drink?" Kaden says looking at me, a smug grin still on his lips. I wanted to wipe it right off.

I balled up my fists and before I even knew, my fist connected with his face. He stumbled back taken by surprise. Everyone stared at me in shock as Kaden wiped the blood by his lip.

"Okay, Maybe I deserved that one," he said stepping forward. I landed another blow to his right eye. "Oh no you didn't," he growls before pouncing towards me. I swung again only for him to dodge and get me square in the ribs. I coughed at the pressure but managed to quickly regain myself and return the favor.

No one was stopping us. Both of us landed some heavy blows on each other. Although Kaden was relatively stronger than he was before, he was still as predictable in the way he fought. He was about to land his famous right kick to my side but I caught hold of his leg in time and pushed him to the ground. I straddled him and began landing punch after punch. He was a bloody mess beneath me yet I continued beating him to a pulp. Until that smug grin was off his face. Until he stopped moving.

At least that's what I felt like doing to him but I just couldn't. I saw the way Victoria looked at me, her whole body was stiff with fear and I had no intention in showing the monster I could be. Any other time I would have done just that, but she managed to suppress my anger, just like that night at the bar. Unknowingly, she managed to do what I've been trying to do my whole life.

Before I could react to Kaden, a man from behind him called out to him. He turned to greet the man leaving Mia still standing in front of us.

I took that as the que to leave, but Mia stopped us by placing her hand on my arm. She quickly pulled away her hand as I looked at it with disapproval.

"Justin, I know we....left things on a bad note. And I know I didn't say it two years ago but I am really sorry for everything I did. I know an apology isn't enough but I really hope that one day you forgive me. Forgive us."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't one to forgive and forget, especially if you're apologizing two years later.

"I uhm," she says playing with the diamond ring on her finger. "I don't know if you got the invitation I sent but Kaden and I are getting married in two weeks and I would like it if all of you could make it," she said looking between Maeve and I. "You too Victoria," she says smiling at Victoria who was still holding on to my hand, looking as if she was waiting to see how I react.

I didn't know how to react.

I felt a sharp pain deep in my heart, like the pain when you remove the knife after you've already been stabbed — way more painful than actually being stabbed.

So maybe I was jealous as well.

But could you blame me? Someone who I wanted more than anything in the world is going to marry someone else. My best friend of all people.

It was my plan. Get married, cherish her for the rest of my life, have children along the way and spend every minute of the rest of my life with her — but she was going to do that with someone else. Kaden was going to have everything I had ever wanted. My happiness was literally snatched out of my grip.

I swallowed hard, dislodging the uninvited lump that formed in my throat. Say something, Justin.

"Congratulations," I somehow manage to say without my voice cracking.

Mia simply nodded, looking down on the floor averting any eye contact. And I was glad she didn't look at me in the eye. I don't think I would have managed to look at her without completely breaking down. Without grabbing her by her shoulders and make her explain why she did what she did. Why didn't she just tell me that she wanted Kaden? Why did she have to do behind my back and sleep with that someone that close to me? Why?

I needed to get out of there.

So I did. Leaving everyone behind I stormed out of there. I heard Victoria calling after me but I didn't stop. I couldn't face her not without feeling like I am being unjust to her by feeling all these things. I didn't want to show her how broken I still am. I didn't want to show her that maybe, just maybe I still had feelings for my ex. I couldn't.

I pushed my way through the crowd. Once I made it out, I got into my car. I ran my hands through my hair in newly formed frustration. I saw Luke and Darrel exit the building looking for me so I quickly started the car and began driving out of there.

Fuck!

I hated myself for feeling this way again. I hated myself for letting this affect me. I thought that I was doing good. That I finally found happiness. That I finally could say I moved on.

But I was back to square one.

Back to feeling like shit. Back to thinking that I'm never enough for everyone. And that was the truth, I was never enough. My own goddamn parents didn't even want me so why the hell did I expect any different from other people. And maybe Victoria wanted me now but surely she too would leave. She would also see that I wasn't enough.

I wasn't enough.

The pain in my chest increased and tears blurred my vision. I blinked them away trying to focus on the road ahead. I had no idea where I was going, I was just driving.

_
Heyyy Lovelies 🥺
Hope you all are good 🥺

Did you expect Justin to feel this way? Let me know what you guys think🥺
....I honestly hated writing this chapter. I hated it.

I love you all soooo much and once again thanks for all the support and the love 🥺 I reeaalllllly appreciate it😭

See you guys soon ❤️