♡ iwaoi / bokuaka - practice ♡

Beginne am Anfang

Both seemed to be at their happiest and Bokuto fished around in his bag for his knee pads before joining Oikawa on the court.

x

"Wow, Oikawa-san seems like a handful."

"You could say that.. But he really is a good person, you know?"

"Of course. Bokuto-san is the same way; sometimes it's like babysitting a child, but in the sincere moments he's all I could ever ask for."

 Iwaizumi folded his legs uncomfortably under him. "Oh, I'm getting a little tired. What time is it?"

"Its.. uh.." Akaashi stared dumbfounded at his watch. "It's just a little past midnight."

Iwaizumi's eyes widened as he frantically started fumbling around for his phone.

"Oh - I need to go! Thank you, Akaashi-san. It was nice to have a peaceful conversation."

"Yeah, you two Iwaizumi-san. I have to go find Bokuto-san."

"Yeah - and I need to find Kusokawa."

Iwaizumi figured he would find Oikawa in the gym, practicing away without a thought at the time. Akaashi, however, didn't have much of a clue as to where Bokuto was. He had declined setting to him earlier, so he figured he would find his overly-loud boyfriend either mopping with Nekoma's captain or scrounging for food in the cafeteria.

x

When Iwaizumi opened the gym doors, he was surprised to find not only his boyfriend, but Akaashi's as well. The two were so involved in practice, they didn't notice Iwaizumi enter.

"Kusokawa!"

Oikawa's set to Bokuto was messy since he was startled, and the ball flew right above Bokuto's head and rolled on the ground, finding itself next to Iwaizumi's feet.

"Oh.. uh. Iwa-chan, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you."

Oikawa knew that. And he braced himself to be scolded.

"And you brought Bokuto-san into this! Akaashi's been looking for him!" Iwaizumi stated as if it was obvious, clearly forgetting that said Bokuto-san was in the same room.

"Akaashi was looking for me?"

Iwaizumi and Oikawa directed their attention to Bokuto who looked starstruck.

"Wow! Never thought I would see the day. Anyways, Oikawa didn't drag me into this! I asked him to set for me."

At that moment, Akaashi wandered into the gym and felt a pang in his chest at Bokuto's words.

"Bokuto-san, there you are."

Akaashi wasn't the only one a little jealous. Iwaizumi too felt a sting at thinking of his boyfriend tossing to someone else, someone who wants to spend hours with his sets. The other part was guilt - Iwaizumi felt bad since this was all Oikawa really ever asked of him, and yet he couldn't do it so someone else had to.

Akaashi felt bad, too. He had said no to practicing more with Bokuto, and in return, Bokuto found himself a new setter. Akaashi couldn't blame him, really, he couldn't.

"Yeah! Here I am! Look, Akaashi," Bokuto said, dancing around Oikawa, "Oikawa agreed to set for me. Isn't that wonderful?"

"Sure, Bokuto-san. But next time, please mind the time. It's half past midnight." 

Oikawa flinched. He knew it was late but he didn't realize it was that late. 'I'm in big trouble", he thought.

 "Sorry, Akaashi! Ooh, is that a bird?"

And next thing they knew, Oikawa and Iwaizumi were left staring at the gym doors Bokuto had run out, (Akaashi trailing slightly behind), in a hurry a few seconds ago.

Iwaizumi brought his attention to the brunette across from him, who, a few seconds in return, gently followed suit, chocolate eyes meeting the deeper shades he so adored.

"Tooru."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry."

Iwaizumi sighed. "You say that everytime. I get worried, you know."

"I know."

"How's your knee?"

Oikawa flinched. "It's... It's fine."

"Please, please don't lie to me. You know I'm here to help."

"Fine. It hurts really, really bad."

"Oh, Kusokawa. This is the reason I always tell you no!"

"I know, Iwa-chan. But can you save the lecture for the morning? I'm realy, really tired right now and I just want cuddles."

Iwaizumi's expression softened and he held his boyfriend close.

"Okay."

xxx 

you guys i- 

i seriously love you all so much, you have no idea how much your comments and votes mean to me. ♡