four

auburn, alabama

khia-marie

"sharife it's past curfew. i have a game tomorrow." i said, as we started circling around the building. i had on a hoodie and some sweatpants.

"and? i have a game tomorrow too, and we won't get caught.. i promise?" he said uncertainly. i raised an eyebrow. "who are y'all going against?" i asked him. "unc." he answered. "oo me too, but um where exactly are we going?"

he shrugged. we walked into a classroom that was big. i turned on my flash light and realized we were in the band room.

"you play anything?" he asked walking over to the piano. "yeah um i actually played flute, alto saxophone, and i play a little piano." he turned over to me, "interesting." is all he said.

he started slamming his fingers on the piano key. "sharife shh." i turned around to him."you're gonna get us in trouble." i said. walking over to him.

"play something." he said ignoring me. i shook my head no quickly. "why not?" he asked. "cause i don't want to." saying honestly.

sharife started banging on keys again. i jumped, "ok ok stop." i said giving in. i walked over to where was sitting. "scoot over." i said shooing him.

he raised his hands and moved over. i put my hands on the keys thinking of what to play. "today?" he asked sarcastically. i playfully rolled my eyes.

i started free styling, not really familiar with what i was playing, but it was melodically good i guess. i just continued and closed my eyes. a few seconds later i gave up and stopped.

"welp." i said shrugging. i got up. "ok so we're just gonna forget about how you just went full on beethoven." i rolled my eyes playfully. "that was terrible." i said laughing.

he gave me a straight face. i gave him one back. "that was good, and a little piano." he said mocking me at the end. i pushed him gently. we walked out of the band room.

"so why didn't you stay and watch the game with them?" i asked curiously. he shrugged his shoulders. "they were loud and i was getting annoyed." he answered.

i nodded agreeing with him. "i could hear them all the way from my room." we started walking to unfamiliar spots, "um aren't there cameras, i refuse to get kicked off the team before i can even be on it." i said turning to him.

right after i said that we saw flashlights in the other hallway. me and sharife looked at each other for a second. "who's there?" we heard. we started running like crazy. "how do we get back to the dorms." i whispered yelled while running.

"this way." sharife tried saying.  we took a right turn and we saw our rooms. he pulled me into the direction of his side of the hallway and towards his door. he opened the door.

we fell straight on the ground together. we started laughing. we got up and saw tia, kayla, omar, jt, and this other unfamiliar guy.

"what the hell is wrong with y'all?" tia questioned us scrunching her face. we shook our heads. he got up fast to help me up. "thanks." i said simply smiling.

"aw shit." omar dapped sharife up. i rolled my eyes. "and the lakers are the 2020 nba champions." we heard the tv say. "i'd like my money." omar said towards a guy i never seen.

i rolled my eyes at the tv. i was honestly rooting for miami heat. "do you not like the lakers or sum?" sharife asked. i shrugged my shoulder. "i was rooting for miami heat."

just as i said that we heard a knock on the door. omar raised an eyebrow. i had a feeling who it was. omar went to go open the door, and i was correct. "no one was going to invite me?" i heard that preppy voice. kayla.