three

auburn, alabama

khia-marie

"push guys, twenty more seconds." sweat fell down my body, and sweat got in my eyes. we were currently doing planks. "and done." coach said. we all fell to the ground of the weight room.

i heard a group of people walk in into where we were. i looked up and it was the basketball team. "um the volleyball team has the weight room scheduled until one this afternoon." coach said walking up to them. "we also have the weight room scheduled until one this afternoon." the basketball coach said.

sharife turned around and looked at me. he smiled and waved shyly. i chuckled to myself, i mouthed 'hi'. "listen up ladies, there's been a mix up in the scheduling of the weight room, and we have conjoined times with the basketball team." he said. "i guess we'll be working out together." he continued.

a few minutes later we were assigned in groups to each weight equipment. i was in a group with sharife. we were in the squat station with the weights. "you're only doing thirty?" sharife asked obviously trying to start something. "i mean that's what he wants us to do." referring to the volleyball team.

"are you sure it's cause you can't do more?" he said wiggling his eyebrows. "i can do more if i want to." i said rolling my eyes playfully. i got under it and started doing squats. sharife grabbed two ten pound and was trying to put them on the weights i was lifting. i squinted my eyes at him.

he successfully puts them on and i'm still going. i put them up and pose as a joke. "show off." he said brushing me off. "mhm."

a few hours later it was around two, and we had actual practice. we went on a lunch break before though. we went to the cafè and got food, but all i got was a smoothie. we were all sitting at one table. i was about to say something but kayla came and sat down.

"hi guys!" she said cheerfully. i raised my eyebrows. i leaned on the wall annoyed already. no one said anything. "hey babe." she said touching sharife's hand. he quickly swiped his hand and mean mugged her.

she looked embarrassed. we silently laughed, but sharife just made an annoyed face. i drank my smoothie in silence. kayla kept trying to talk to him and touch him, but he simple ignored her. i finished my smoothie. "khia you wanna go do some more reps?" i hear sharife ask.

he signaled to kayla and nod my head. we got up and kayla scoffed. everyone 'oooo'd' i shook my head, cause i just saw it as a way to get away from kayla. we walked in the weight room and i threw away my cup.

"what's up with you and kayla." i said wiggling my eyebrows and smiling. he gave me a death glare. "ok.. sheesh. i was just asking." i said pouting.

"there's nothing going on with me and her, well not anymore at least." i decided not to ask him about it, instead i nod. sharife started doing bench presses, and i could tell he was doing it out of anger.

"sharife be careful." i said a little scared cause he could easily get hurt. he just kept on going. i went up to him and grabbed it out of his hand and put it up.

"you wanna talk about?" i said shrugging and raising my eyebrows. he shook his head no. i sigh. "i'm going back then." i said honestly bored. i walked out and went back to the table.

"coach said the rest of the day is cancelled, he had an emergency." tia told me. i nod relieved. "where's rife?" omar asked me. "weight room." i said.

"what were y'all doing?" kayla asked. i didn't answer her question and took out my phone. "what do y'all wanna do today?" tia asked. "i got a whole bunch of homework to catch up on." i say slightly lying. jt agreed. omar just whispered in tia's ears. "yeah i'm busy too." she said smiling.