18 | Aliens

"Get down! You're gonna get hurt." Tobio called up to me.

I sat on a high branch in a tree not too far from the park entrance, staring at the stars that glittered the sky above.

"Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" I taunt, causing his face to heat up.

I giggle a bit and adjust my position to a more comfortable one, "Why don't you come up here too? It's fun, I promise." I say reaching my hand down towards him, even though I'm too high up for him to reach.

He sighs before looking around slightly to make sure no one was around to catch us.

One of his hands reaches for the first branch, then the next, pulling himself up to where I was. After a few minutes of him climbing he finally sat beside me, almost falling a couple of times in the process.

"So, why are we up here exactly?" Tobio asks, looking at the stars above.

I shrug my shoulders and grin, "No specific reason, but the view of the sky from here is beautiful." I say, pointing at the sky.

Tobio hums in response, leaning his head against the base of the tree. I do the same, both of us staring up at the sky.

We both sit in silence, watching as the cosmos worked their magic. The rest of the universe seemed non existent, like we were frozen in time. It was just us and the stars.

A shooting star passed, my eyes following it as it crossed the star freckled sky.

"Do you believe in alien lifeforms?" I ask suddenly, tilting my head just enough to see his reaction.

You could tell he was taken aback by the question. His head turned slowly towards me, eyes squinted and eyebrows slanted.

"What are you rambling about?"

I smirk and turn back towards the sky, "This is a very serious question Tobio, do you believe in aliens."

He continued to stare for a second before turning his head away from me, running his hand through his hair to move his bangs away from his eyes.

"No." He said blatantly.

I turned back towards him quickly, "You don't? How?"

"I don't know, why does it matter?" He asks, those hypnotizing dark blue orbs meeting mine.

I turned my whole body and all of my attention towards him, making sure he was listening to all of my rambling.

"There is no way you are telling me that in this whole galaxy, no, universe there is no other lifeform on any other planet." I say, looking at him intently.

He mimics my body movements, turning his body towards mine.

"Yes, it doesn't make sense."

My jaw drops slightly, "Wow Tobio, you didn't strike me as the simple minded type."

His eyes widen for a second and he crosses his arms, "What's that supposed to mean?" He asks.

I giggle, "hm, nothing I guess".

"Whatever," he says, "at least i'm not crazy."

I hum and turn my gaze slightly away from him, "Neither am I, there's something we have in common."

"Whatever you say, Queen (f/n)."

Queen. How funny. Considering he's the 'king' and all...

"Hey" Tobio said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I hum in response, shifting my gaze over to him.

He shows me his phone, the time reading 11:39. I already knew what he was gonna ask, but I awaited his question anyway.

Do you wanna head back?

no.

"Do you wanna start walking, the 'night's' almost over." He asks, pointing to the time.

"Sure."

I jump to a branch below recklessly, but still manage to do it flawlessly.

"Hey you idiot, be careful! You're gonna get hurt." Tobio yells, which made me lose my balance more than the actual jump itself.

"Worry about yourself, Sir Tobio."

---------------------------------------

We walk up to my doorstep, the dim porchlight only lighting us and the door.

Tobio, once again, insisted on walking me home. It's not like i'm complaining or anything, but I wish he wouldn't worry about me so much.

"Thank you Sir Tobio for escorting me to my estate, but I must be going now." I say bowing to him dramatically.

He puts his hand on my forehead and pushes me back up into an upright position, "Stop, you look stupid."

"Ouch." I say mumble. "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow."

I start to turn the doorknob, getting interrupted by Tobio's voice behind me.

"Oh, before I forget, do you wanna study tomorrow... After school of course." He asks, his voice kind of shaky.

I turn around to face him, "Yeah actually. I haven't been doing very well, maybe you can help me." I say with a small laugh.

"Maybe." He says softly.

We say our goodbyes, and then he starts his walk home.

"Goodnight Tobio."

----------------

Um hello, been a while😳

July i think... Sorry about that hehe.

Ive been really busy BUT I'm gonna try to write more because I'm finally getting to where the work isnt so overwhelming.

Thats a lie its very overwhelming.

Anyway, happy reading😚