A Chicago Love Story (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

I got up in the morning and seen Von still asleep. I kissed him on the lips and went to the bathroom. I went downstairs and started cooking some food. My hips was hurting something terrible. Last night kept playing in my head. "I can't believe I actually had sex"

Von came downstairs rubbing his eyes. Me: "You good?" Von: "Yea.. Whatchu cookin ma?" He came over and wrapped his hands around my waist then kissed my neck. Me: "I'm making you some eggs and bacon. Are you going to school today?" Von: "Nahh imma stay here wit you." Me: "Did you call my mom yet? You gotta hurry before school starts." Von: "Ight hollon imma call her now." Von grabbed my phone and called Momma. I had to make it sound like I was throwing up in the background so it would be believable. Momma: "Von what's that noise? Where's Lai? What happened?" I heard Daddy in the background panicking. Von: "Everything is good I called because I came to pick up Lai for school and she threw up in the sink." Daddy: "Give the phone to Lai Lai right now!" Von was trying not to laugh. Me: "Hello?" Daddy: "Baby! What's wrong? Did Von do it?" Me: "No Daddy I just don't feel good.." Momma: "Am I on speaker Lai?" Me: "No Momma. Why?" Momma: "Are you pregnant?" I laughed so hard I started coughing. Momma: "LAIYA!" Me: "No Momma! Why would you even think that? I told you last night it might be food poisoning." Momma: "Cus you've been moody, you've been eating more and now you're throwing up!"

Momma at in silence then I heard Daddy say "When we get home, you're taking a test." Me: "I haven't even been doing anything! I'm not pregnant Daddy! Why don't yall ever take my word on things?" Daddy: "Cus you might be tryna protect him!" Momma: "Laiya.. If you are pregnant. I don't want you around him anymore. you hear?" Me: "Momma I'm not-" Momma: "That's enough Lai! Now get in the bed and  get some rest. We'll be back home tomorrow." Me: "I thought yall was coming back on Wednesday." Daddy: "We gon be back tomorrow to make you take that test!" Me: "Fine! I'll see yall tomorrow then bye!" Von looked at me and I didn't know what to say. Von: "So what hannin? They coming back?" Me: "Yeah...  Apparently they think I'm pregnant so they gon come back early and make me take a test🙄" Von started laughing and said "Ain't no way you got pregnant that quick. And plus we used a condom." Me: "Von I didn't tell them we had sex🤣. That's not they business. It only becomes they business when I have a child."

After me and Von ate breakfast we went upstairs and slept pretty much all day. When I woke up I was on his chest again and it was 7:00pm. I laid back down on Von's chest and stayed on my phone. He woke up about an hour later and hugged me. Von: "Ion get no wake up head today?" Me: "Boy bye🤣" Me and Von laid there until around 11:30 talking about stuff then I told him he should leave soon so my parents don't know he was here. Von: "Imma prolly leave at around 12:30 ma." Me: "I'm scared for tomorrow.. They overreact to everything and I'm just not ready to hear the lecture I'm going to get." Von: "You gon be fine Lai. The lecture is just something you gon have to do but if it's the tests, then don't worry about em." Me: "Von I'm still limpin.. they're going to ask what happened.." Von: "You thought of a lie on the spot when you was otp with her you can do it again."

We sat and talked about the subject until it was time for him to go. I walked him downstairs and made him go out the back door. Von lifted my head up and said "It's gon be ok lil ma. Don't be stressin bout it." He kissed me on my forehead but I wanted a real one so I stood there and stared at him after. Von: "What?" Me: "Gimme another one." He started smiling then kissed me on the lips. Me: "I wish you could stay another night..." Von: "Ion want you to get in trouble Lai." Me: "I know.. I don't either. Gimme just one more kiss please." Von: "One more and then I gotta go." After he left I went upstairs and I seen one of his hoodies on my bed. I texted him and told him he left it but he just said "I know.  Keep it" 

I went to sleep around 1am and woke up at 6. I heard Momma and Daddy downstairs so I walked down there. Momma handed me 2 pregnancy tests and told me to go take them. Me: "This is stupid." Momma: "I don't care. Go!" I walked upstairs and took one of the  tests. I sat and waited on it. The box said to wait 5 minutes. I heard Momma and Daddy walk up the steps then knock on the bathroom door. Daddy: "Are you done Lai?" Me: "Yes with one. I'm waiting to see what it says." They came in and sat with me. The alarm I had set on my phone went off and I flipped over the test. It said positive. 

Me: "WHAT? HOW?" Daddy: "IMMA KILL HIM!" Momma: "LAIYA!" I started crying I didn't know what to do. Me: "Wait there's still another test!! Imma wait till I have to go again." Momma: "Girl you betta hope it's negative." Daddy: "imma kill him." I ran in my room and locked my door. I called Von and told him. He sounded really excited for some reason. Me: "I gotta wait until I have to pee again to take it" Von: "It's gon be ight lil mama." I kept drinking water to help me but it took a few hours. I took the 2nd test around 9am and that one came out positive too.

Me: "no, no, no, NO!" I threw on some clothes and told Von to come get me. Momma: "Where you going Laiya? Did you take that test?" I ran out the door and got into Von's car. He drove a little ways down the street and said "Wassup? Where we going?" I tried to hold back tears. Me: "Von the 2nd test came out positive too..." Von: "wait wait fr? imma be a dad?" Me: "Why are you so surprised? Did you poke a hole in the condom or something?" Von: "I ain't got no reason to do that to you." Me: "Can you take me to the clinic to get a test?" Von: "Fasho." When we got there the doctor's took a blood sample and said it would take at least 2 days to confirm whether I was pregnant or not. Von took me out to eat to try and make me feel better but all I could think about was what Momma and Daddy was gonna do. Von: "It's okay ma. We know that we used protection so you don't even gotta be scared." Me: "But Von.. condoms don't always work. What if I am pregnant? What if Momma and Daddy kick me out?" Von: "They love you too much for that. You know they wouldn't kick you out." My phone started ringing. "Daddy🥰💙" Me: "It's my dad... Hello?" Daddy: "WHERE ARE YOU?" Me: "I went to the clinic to get a professional test. I'm not gonna come home until the test comes back. Bye." After I hung up I got a call from momma 2 minutes later. Me: "Hello?" Momma:" Laiya come home right now! I don't want you out there all by yourself." Me: I'll be fine Mom. Bye."

October 12, 2020