childhood

3childhood

3
childhood

I STILL REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I MET Y/N. She was playing on the playground with damn Deku. It was the first time I had seen someone like her. She had curly hair, thick brows, full lips, and pretty, dark skin.

She was probably the prettiest girl I had ever seen.

At first she hated my guts, because I teased Deku a lot, but eventually her and I got really close. The three of us attended elementary and middle school together. She always had a smile on her face. Everyone around her was always in a good mood.

Her flashiest talent, other than her quirk, was her ability to have perfect pitch. She could play the piano flawlessly, identify any chord, note, and tone. She amazed me every time. Deku and I, along with our families, attended all of her piano recitals; and I loved every second of it.

Her parents were pretty shitty. They're some big-shot actors. Had y/n at 17, then left her with Rock Lock for him to raise her.  Her parents decided pursue their career in film, rather than take care of their own damn kid.

Though y/n still loved her famous parents, I despised them for leaving her.

We I never left each other's side.

That was until...

she got into car accident.

I remember her uncle calling my mom to break the news. We visited her the next morning. Her eyes were covered by bandages. The doctors said that glass stabbed her in both eyes, and she probably wouldn't be able to see again.

I remember how sad she looked. Even without being able to see her eyes.

People called her a freak when she came back to school with glitched eyes. They were constantly changing colors. From dark colors like black to gray, to vibrant colors like orange and green. She lost most of her friends, because it freaked everyone out.

I also stopped talking to her. I was so caught up in keeping my reputation, that I had to join the crowd. I ignored her for the rest of the year, and bullied her with my friends. Deku was the only one that stuck by her side, but that wasn't enough for her to stay.

She dropped out of our school the next semester. Deku didn't even know what happened to her. She moved houses and changed her phone number, so there was no way I could contact her.

I punched myself everyday for it. I wanted to apologize to her. I really did....

. . .

"This is Takagi Y/n, Pro hero Rock Lock's niece. Rock Lock is currently on a business trip, so we offered to take care of her while he's gone." Aizawa introduced you to the class.

Your eyes immediately landed on a familiar green haired boy. Midoryia's eyes lit up. "Y/N!" He shouted, jumping out of his seat.

You smiled. "...You've grown a lot."

"Wait, you two know each other?" Kaminari asked. Midoryia nodded. "Her and I used to hang out all the time when we were kids. We went to elementary and middle school together."

"Wait, doesn't that mean..." Kirishima and the rest of the class turned to Bakugo. Bakugo hissed. "What the hell are you all looking at!?"

"You know her too?" Kirishima asked.

"...We're familiar with each other." Bakugo mumbled.

"Y/n will be spending most of her time in the dorm and in the front office, helping out. I'm counting on you all to make your feel comfortable." Aizawa lectured.

"I hope you will all take care of me." You bowed.