Spirit Wolf's Mate

A/N- First story! (on this account!) ENJOY MY PPL! 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX Desiree's POV XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

There was a blinding light, and the funky hip-hop music started. I hurridley grabbed my clothes off of the rack and ran into the dressing room. I pulled on the neon orange skirt, with zebra patterned leggings, and the black hoodie. 

I was careful when pulling it on, because Lauren would kill me for messing up my hair. My makeup felt alien to me and I rushed to the curtain. Dave mouthed to me 'Your Que in 3 seconds'. 

3... 

2... 

1... 

Show time. 

I strutted out on the catwalk, keeping my hips from moving too much. I kept my face from showing emotion, because the people are supposed to pay attention to the clothes, not me. 

The music was bad, a hip-hop-funky pop techno beat. 

All the faces in the audience were blurred. 

Except his. 

I had never seen this strange boy, his sandy brown-blonde hair just long enough to cover a little bit of his eyes, which just flashed gold. I stifled a gasp, and to my dismay I had to return back stage. 

Lauren grabbed me as soon as I was out of view of the public eye. "What was that?" she hissed.  

"What?" I asked innocently. She was the one to force me into this. 

"You just--well, stopped. At the edge of the catwalk." 

"I did?" I asked, confused. I was sure I was walking the entire time. No interruptions. 

"Duh. Then you kinda stared off into space." 

I felt my cheeks spark up and turn red. I was caught staring. 

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Just get changed for the summer addition." 

Well ok then! Lauren was the one to force me into this anyways. I'm NOT the modeling kind of girl, thank you. 

So the show went on for another DRUDGING hour. I pulled on clothes after clothes, walking into the blinding lights countless times. Yuck. 

Afterwards, with my face make-up free, and me in my original tee-shirt and jeans, I walked outside the building to drive home. I had an old beat up green bug, and I loved it. I started the engine, but it made a Bonk! And died. 

"No, no, no." I mumbled, hoping to ignite it once again after turning the key in several times. 

"Need help?" A voice asked and I raised my head to see the sandy haired boy from earlier. Well, I think we can all say we saw this one coming. 

"It just died." I spat out, stressed. The boy chuckled as I ran my hand through my hair. 

"Let me help." He suggested and popped open the hood without my permission. I climbed out of the car and joined him. "When was the last time you checked your oil?" 

I shrugged and muttered "Last month."  

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't stupid. I knew the oil had to be checked, but I just never really got around to it. 

He smirked. "Well, you should check it a little more often. I might have something in my truck." 

That shocked me. A TRUCK?!? I mean, wouldn't you expect a fancy convertible or Ferrari? He laughed at my face. Way to go Desiree. 

After everything was over with, I tried to start up my bug again. The engine roared to life and I smiled my appreciation. 

"What's your name?" he asked me, standing at the window. 

"Hmm. Mommy taught me not to talk to strangers." I teased. 

"I think you broke that rule." 

"True," I mock sighed in defeat. "Desiree. You?" 

"The man of your dreams." I rolled my eyes. Cheesy pick-up line. That was about the time I sped out of their really quickly, leaving behind a confused cute guy. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Voila! I found that really stereotypical. Whole 'you can obviously tell this is my mate' cute dude. So yeah......