Working The Case

WARNING: This chapter contains talk of depression, anxiety and sexual assault please be warned.

We were quickly loaded onto the plane and soon enough we were high in the air. I looked out of the windows in awe, the view was beautiful.
"it's lovely isn't it?" I turned around to see Prentiss.
"it is, I love watching the sky, it feels so homely to me." I turned and sat into my seat properly
"so how old are you?" I hadn't realised until now but next to me was Rossi and in front of him was Reid
"I'm 18." I smiled
"wow so you're an adult and it took this long for Morgan to tell us about you." Rossi chuckled
"Im actually turning 19 soon but I probably won't be back home by then."
"why not when's your birthday?" Reid seemed almost concerned
"in 2 days."
"omg I have to find a present I-" Prentiss suddenly started to fumble around for her phone
"please don't, you don't have to." I laughed a bit and smiled at her.
"okay-" she started a sentence but was interrupted
"we are almost here kid, also have you taken your meds?" my dad walked over and kissed my forehead
"dad Im 18 you don't have to remind me to take them." I looked up at him and realised how thankful I was that I had him in my life.
"I know but you're still my baby." he kissed my forehead again and walked off
"if you don't mind me asking why do you take meds?" Reid was nervous to ask.
"well I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was 16 and had developed depression by the time I was 17 and now I have meds."
"o-oh I'm sorry for asking." he was uncomfortable
"don't be, it's just curiosity."
I listened to the team talk about the case it was a series of murders, 4, to be exact, they were stabbed all over their bodies and had a bullet through their heads. they were each found in the same area of wood, the south-west side, the victims were Valerie Smith, 24, blonde hair, blue eyes, 5,5 in height, Julie Black, 20, black hair, green eyes, 5,7, Ellie Jones, 26, brown hair, blue eyes, 5,3 and Yvonne Rade, red hair, 23, 5,5. the unsub had a hate for women clearly, the victims were all in their 20s and 5 foot something. he had a certain age and height but all other features could be changed.

-

after that, the plane went silent for about 30 mins until we landed. we were in Seattle. i was ushered out of the plane and into a black SUV, i was sat in between JJ and Reid with my dad driving and Prentiss in the passenger seat. i was thinking of the case and what type of unsub they could be but didn't get much time because soon enough we were at the police station.
"good morning i'm Detective Jones, i called you in." a man shook everyone's hands except my own because i was hidden behind my father, the man had black hair, dark skin, his facial features were very defined he had a sharp jaw, big brown eyes and a hooked nose. he was fairly tall too about the same height as Hotch. the team spread apart and i was left to make a geographical profile with Reid. he discovered that the crime scenes were placed into the positions to make a shape but it wasn't a complete shape.
"he wants to complete the shape by killing another woman, he wants to make a pentagon." Reid turned to the board that he had made and looked it over once more before calling one of the teams members.
"hi Morgan, it's me, the unsub wants to kill another woman to complete the pentagon shape that he made with the previous murders."
"alright thanks genius boy, take care of Brianna for me."
"i'll try."
he hung up and looked at me but i was busy looking at the crime scene photos.
"what are you looking at?" Reid was confused at why i would be interested in this.
"the photos."
"why?"
"because i want to help"
"how can you he-"
"the unsub is most likely a man, he is organised, he leave little to no clues and probably has an interest in piquerism, he's a sadist, the stresser to his crimes could be a grudge that he holds against a woman in his childhood that inflicted pain on him or something like that."
"i-"
"has anyone found out if the victims were sexually assaulted by the unsub?"
"umm yes they were."
"thank you." i was still talking and hadn't realised that before i explained my profile the whole team had walked in on my explanation.
"he probably picked his victims on the spot, followed them and when they were alone, took them and eventually murdered them. he probably goes after woman because he feels he needs to regain his masculinity which is why he is probably extremely aggressive this is also a sign of Power Assertive Behaviour, he stabbed the victims multiple times but i don't believe that it was overkill this would make him a serial killer."
i finished speaking and looked up, around me was the whole team, shocked and impressed.
"since when could you profile like that?" my dad looked astonished.
"i found some of your old college textbooks and bought a bunch of new ones, one of them being Jason Gideon's book."
"that was amazing," Prentiss spoke up and then looked at Reid "how much of that was correct?" Reid swallowed and stared at the team.
"all of it."