"Ma'u, I came here to apologize about what happened the other day. I am really sorry. I never meant anything I said. It was all out of anger. I am really sorry. It was so foolish of me. Please forgive me," she begged, tears welling up in her eyes.

"No, Ya salma, it's okay. I have forgiven you. I didn't hold any grudge. I knew you reacted that way out of anger. I am sorry too if you think I betrayed you," I assured her.

"No, you didn't betray me, Asmau. I know you did what you did because of our parents. I understand now, and I know you and Abubakar are so much in love. I'm happy for you,"

"Thank you, Ya salma. I am really glad we made up," I said with a smile.

"Yes, little sis," she replied, smiling too.

We chatted a little more, catching up on things, before she left. I was relieved that we had reconciled, and I hoped that our relationship would only grow stronger from now on.

Salma

The moment I left Asmau's house, I called Iman, and she picked up on the third ring. "Hello, Iman," I said.

"How are you, Salma? Any good news?" she asked eagerly.

"I'm good, and yes, I have good news. I just apologized to Asmau, and she actually believed me. You know how my sister is, she believes people easily, with the help of my crocodile tears, of course," I chuckled, having a satisfied feeling.

"Good! That's very good! Now, since she trusts you again, we don't have any issues. I'm coming back a day after tomorrow because my Dad is handing over his company to me. I will be the new C.E.O. I will work with Abubakar, and I will make sure to get so close to him. Then, we will set our plan. Don't worry, Salma, we will break them up, I assure you. So, I have to go now. We will talk when I'm back," she said, sounding determined.

"Okay, safe trip," I replied before hanging up.

"Asmau, enjoy your time with Abubakar while you can because it won't last for long. You will soon be in pain," I muttered under my breath and walked away with a malicious grin on my face.

Asmau

"Ya Salma came over today," I informed Abubakar after we finished eating dinner and were preparing for bed.

"Why?" he asked curiously.

"She came to apologize for what she did the other day," I replied.

"And?" he raised an eyebrow, wanting more details.

"I forgave her. She looked sincere, Habiby," shrugged.

"Asmau, I'm sorry, but I know Salma very well. She doesn't like to apologize or forgive easily unless you apologize to her first. So, I find it weird that she apologized to you," he said.

"Well, Abubakar, I am her sister, and maybe she really regretted what she said to me. Besides, I don't want to hold any grudges with my sister, so it's better to just forgive and forget," I said, trying to keep the peace.

"Well, it's true, Hayatie, but please be really careful around her. I don't want you or our twins to get hurt,"

"I don't want that either, Habiby, but I don't think my own sister will hurt me. Look, let's stop talking about Ya Salma. So, how was work?" I changed the subject.

"It was fine, Alhamdulillah. By the way, I need to tell you something," he said, his mood changing slightly.

"What is it? Is everything fine?" I asked, feeling concerned, and snuggled up to him in bed.

"We're going to start working with Iman," he blurted out.

"What? Iman?" I was taken aback.

"Yes, her Dad is handing over the company to her. So, since we're partners with their company, we will have to work together with her. But if you don't agree, I can break the partnership," he said, trying to see my reaction.

"No, Abubakar, it's okay. You can work together. I trust you, Habiby, and it's just business, nothing more. But please don't break my trust, Habiby," I pleaded, feeling emotional.

"I promise I won't, Hayatie. Thank you for trusting me, and please don't cry," he said, hugging me tightly to his body.

"I'm not crying," I protested, but my voice betrayed me.

"It's okay to cry, but not too much," he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sorry; it's my hormones working," I giggled.

"It's okay. Let's sleep," he said as he switched off the lights and cuddled me close.

"Goodnight, Hayatie. I love you," he whispered.

"Goodnight, Habiby. I love you too," I replied, my mind bombarded with thoughts of Iman walking together with my husband.

Written: 26/10/2020
Edited version: 17/9/2023

Vote, Comment, and share✨❤️