Chapter 2

"Secchan! Secchan!" Temari yelled as she banged here way into the flat. "Secchan! Where are you?"

Secchan ambled into the lounge, munching on a piece of toast. "I'm here, geez. Where's the fire?"

"ShikamaruaskedmetodinnertonightandIsaidyesadhe'scomingtopickmeupatsix!" Temari squealed, grabbing her friend's shoulders.

Secchan raised her eyebrows, startled, as her friend shook here like a rag doll. "Love, I didn't catch a word you just said."

Temari took a deep breath. "Shikamaru asked me to dinner to discuss the baby. He's picking me up at six," she said slowly.

Secchan squealed and started jumping up and down. And then choked as she inhaled the crumbs of the piece of toast she had been eating. Temari slapped her on the back as she bent double, hands on knees and eyes watering. When that didn't work, Temari dashed for a glass of water. She came back in and handed it to Secchan. Secchan grabbed it and downed it.

"Thanks," she gasped, wiping her eyes. She gave a final cough. "Temari, that's great!" she squealed. "Okay, so, I think daddy likes you, and this could evolve into a relationship."

"Secchan, I don't think so, hey. He's just... taking responsibility," Temari said.

"What happened to the overly excited girl who came in?"

"Our personality swap was over, so she returned to you," Temari said dryly.

"Whatever. So... what are you gonna wear?"

"Clothes."

"I dunno, hey, you might stand a better chance of hooking him if you go naked."

Temari gasped. "You bitch!" She took a swipe at her giggling friend.

"You know I love you," cooed Secchan between giggles.

o0o0o0o

Shikamaru found Temari's place without much trouble. He arrived on time (5 minutes is not late.) and stood in front of the door. He knocked. He heard a muffled yell that sounded like Temari saying 'Secchan, stay the fuck away from that door!' and then the door opened to a giggling girl with black and red hair.

"Hi."

"...Hi. Um, I'm here for Temari."

The girl looked at him. "So you're the dad. My, that's going to be one good-looking baby."

"Uh-"

"Temari-biscuit, Loverboy's here!" she yelled over her shoulder. She grinned at a surprised Shikamaru (Had he just been referred to as Loverboy?!). "I'm Secchan."

"Secchan, you are so dead. When I get back, I am going to smother you while you sleep, or put arsenic in your coffee," Temari declared as she hurried out the bedroom, cheeks burning. "Either way, you will be dead. As in not living."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Stop saying that like you don't believe me!" Temari told here as she slipped out the door.

"Hi," she greeted Shikamaru.

"Hey," he said with a smile.

She glanced back at Secchan. "Can we go now?"

"Have fun! I won't wait up, and if you only come back tomorrow morning, at least you'll remember how it was!" Secchan called bawdily from the door.

"Should I kill her now or later?" asked Temari. "Now," she decided and turned back to the door. Shikamaru caught her arm.

"Leave her. She means no harm," he said with a shrug.

" I mean her harm," Temari declared, beet red. "But ok, I'll leave it for now."