Contingency Plans

Start bij het begin

I smiled slightly and suppressed the urge to snicker. I couldn't glance down at myself, but I knew that I didn't look like a rockstar. I had put on the gear that matched Damian the most once this match was made so I was, at least, wearing black. My brown hair was stick straight in a more glam-type style. My makeup was minimal and natural. My black shorts paired with my black lace-front top made me look a little edgy. (okay, it made me look like I was trying to be edgy."
I wouldn't say that I had a rockstar vibe. But Damian definitely did. So, maybe I was a rockstar by association?

"We're gonna go take care of a little bit of business." He ended.
Sarah put the microphone in front of me and I started:

"This has been the same conversation for far too long. So, let's just get to it. I am the champion. Damian Priest is the champion. We are going to stay the champions. Candace and Johnny can stay on their power couple trip all they want." I lifted my hand up in a rock sign. "We are the rockstars."

I smiled wryly as Damian high fived me with his hand also in a rock sign.

He laughed and turned back to Sarah, "She's cool as hell." Then walked away.

Sarah swung the mic back at me and I nodded at her. "He's not bad." I laughed as I walked away too.

"Cut." the producer called once we were both clear.

"Your match is next. Get to the holding area." the producer said as they started to set up for their next segment.

Damian fell into step beside me as I headed toward the holding area. I looked up to him and was, as always, surprised by his height. He's six-feet-five. I'm five-feet-three. Fourteen inches doesn't seem like a lot until it is towering over you.

"How are you doing?" He asked. "I feel like we haven't talked in forever."

"That's because we haven't." I laughed. "But I'm good."

He nodded. "Same."

"You should be great. You are champion after all. Your after party was great."

"Yeah, you didn't have to peel off the vinyl pants after jumping into a hot tub with them on." He laughed.

"No, no I did not."

"It was a cool shot, but not fun otherwise."

I shrugged playfully, "you did look pretty cool doing it."

"You were watching?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah, I had been talking to Sarah right before she had to interview you for that scene."

"Oh," He held the curtain to the holding area back and allowed me to step through it first.

I sat down in front of the monitor and laid the heavy championship across my lap.

"Are you nervous about tagging?" he asked.

"I'm nervous that we haven't done it before and had no time to prepare."

He nodded. "We got this." when I gave him an unamused look he continued. "I mean, we have worked out together enough to be able to anticipate each other's actions."

"Yeah, and you have the easy part."

"Why do you say that?"

"Oh we both know as soon as that bell rings, Johnny is tagging in Candace. It's just what his character would do."

"Then you start the match."

"I can't. Women never start."

"Well, technically this match hasn't been fully blocked and if I get out of the ring Johnny won't have a choice. Then you can tag out when you want to."