Chapter 5

On our way to the library, we passed Draco. I didn't even want to look at him as we walked past so I kept my head down. Hermione and I took a seat in a booth at the back of the library, then got straight to studying. We talked from time to time about our work and about Harry. We are both terribly worried for him, because neither of us want to see him hurt. Hermione slams her book shut.

"I can't do this", her voice shaking

"I'm worried for him too, Hermione but there is nothing we can do beside be with him and help him every step of the way" I tell her as an owl flies into the library even though they weren't allowed in here. It was from Harry and Ron.

"The first challenge is Dragons; we have to retrieve an egg (which is the clue to the next challenge) from the dragon" the letter read.

"Oh, just perfect!" Hermione says folding her arms

"Don't worry he'll get through this; Harry is the strongest person I know"

"I need to go to him" Hermione declared; she gave me a stare as I looked around the library.

"I think I saw some books on dragons. Why don't you go to Harry and I'll stay here and try to find something out about the dragons" I questioned as Hermione got up and started packing her stuff to leave.

"That's Brilliant Mali tell me if you find anything" Hermione waved me off as she left the library.

I got up with my books and bags and walked over to a book aisle that was relating to dangerous creatures. In the corner of my eye I see Draco walk in. Hopefully he didn't notice me. I whip back around and found the book I was looking for. I take it over to the lounge in front of the fire pit. I pull out my Quill and a note pad and begin to read the book while jotting down notes. I hear a knock behind me, its Draco. Leaning up against the bookshelf with his arms folded, he smirks at me.

"Didn't bother to invite me, huh" He says acting like he is top shit. I turn back around hoping he will just walk away, but he does the complete opposite and comes to sit next to me.

"What do you want Malfoy", my head still in my book,

"why are you being like this?" he asks, which made me furious

"Are you for real Draco, you know what I'm not even going to answer that"

"I didn't do anything!" he replies. Draco looks up to see people walking by, so he jumps up and sits on the lounge to my left.

"That, that is one thing that makes me furious, another is the fact that you are so oblivious to everything you say and do" I say slamming my book shut.

"You assume that everyone is going to judge or hate you for being friends or sitting even near a Gryffindor, oh and let's not forget, I'm also a potter which is twice as bad, right. Like I said I don't want to see you. Go be a dick to someone else, because I'm not taking your shit any longer" I yell at him; he looks at me and I felt terrible for saying the things I said but they had to be said otherwise he wouldn't know how I feel. I look at him and stand up.

"I don't want to be around people who are ashamed of being around me" I say softly to him.

I grab my things to leave but he stops me.

"I'll see you soon in detention" he says softly looking down. Oh crap, I completely forgot about that. I looked at him and left the room.

As I left, I was going to meet up with the others but as I was walking, I heard footsteps coming from behind me, so I kept walking to see if they were falling me and they were. I stop and slowly turn around to find Pansy Parkson and two other Slytherin girls, Everleigh and Cameron, next to her on each side. Pansy had the biggest crush ever on Draco and everyone new not to mess with her or it wouldn't end well.

"I thought everyone new not to get between Draco and I, or did I not make myself clear" Pansy smirks, her two backups start giggling and I only knew what was going to happen.

"He doesn't like you Pansy, and everybody knows that, you're just another worthless fan girl!" I yell at her

"Well, Potter we haven't officially met, have we?" Pansy says. She looks at the girls.

"Get her!" she says to them both. Falling to the ground Pansy punches me so hard, it knocks me out. The next thing I know, I have cuts on my lip, and everything is hurting. Blood pouring from my nose.

"That ought to teach you a lesson" Pansy says laughing. She kicks me hard in my ribs.

"That was your one and only warning Potter". They walk away giggling, leaving me on the floor. I pull myself up and rush to the bathroom and start crying. I wash the blood off my face as my head starts to spin, I try to keep my focus. It was nearly 7:00, I had to leave.