Upside Down

Are we the real ones who live Upside Down, or are they? They have a fixed sense of the way the world is supposed to work. No one is allowed to deviate from it, if you're different you are destined to fail. We were the most abnormal out of them, we don't like what they like, and we don't look how they look.

They threw us out a billon years ago, just for not being the same. We are given a bad name, represented in horrid ways. We live in what's called the Upside Down, a place the exact opposite of the first world. At first we tried to get back in , done with our rebellion at the realization that a consequence was in store. It was too late though, back then I cursed myself for being a fool, now I only applaud our bravery.

We got used to it quickly and developed it into something to be proud of. Then we started to wonder, who really lived in an upside down world? Their ways seemed so twisted and wrong now, we weren't the weird ones anymore...

I am the only one still alive who remembers them, everyone else is dead. I sometimes still wonder if the humans are still around, did they learn that if everyone is the same its no fun? Or are they still running around valuing perfection above all. Does anyone still tell tales of us? The ones who existed on the surface once. 

We are still here, waiting...But I think we're happy down here. I would rather be here than there, with its evil and vile people hiding behind a mask of false excellence. Sometimes I wish I was back though, I miss the green trees and the birds. So please...I'm still here!