{9} Blue Lotus Realm

Start from the beginning

"I was at the Green Sea for some work and saw the Purple-eyed spider attack her. I treated her." Dong Hua said.

"Oh," Both of them were still quite skeptical.

"We should take her inside. I'll give her some medicine." Zhe Yan said, and Dong Hua nodded slightly and carried her inside.

"I will take my leave, Zhe Yan." Di jun said.

Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan cupped their hands and thanked him, and he left in a blink of an eye. Bai Zhen watched her niece with a concerned face.

"Zhen Zhen, it's not the first time she has caused trouble. She'll be fine."

"This time she was saved thanks to Di Jun. Xiao Jiu is really too mischievous and careless. I can't believe second brother wants to marry her off." he sighed.

"Isn't she too young?"

"Exactly. But if she continues like this, even I and Qian Qian can do nothing about it."

"Doesn't she love Dong Hua Di Jun?"

"I'm sure she still does. And that's what makes everyone worried. She might just be wasting her efforts. They are not fated."

"You can't be too sure. He did save Feng Jiu again. If they are not fated, they wouldn't meet again, would they?"

"But the fate of an immortal can't change." Zhen Zhen said, his eyes sad. He really cared about Feng Jiu.

________

Lian Song walked ahead of Cheng Yu. Just as Cheng Yu was about to whine about how long they had to walk even when they were going by a walking technique, her eyes fell on her hand which was gently clasped in his. She felt her breath slightly hitch. 

Suddenly there was a huge roar. Lian Song was calm as if he expected it, but Cheng Yu's ears were nearly blown up...

"Lian Song..." she was about to ask when she saw a huge white golden dragon sitting on a blue lotus which was several times its size. The dragon rose up in the sky and gathered a huge amount of power and attacking Cheng Yu. Lian Song immediately pulled Cheng Yu into his embrace and dispersed the attack.

"You've gotten stronger," he commented. Cheng Yu's face which was in Lian Song's chest all flustered looked up at him. Before she could let go Lian Song let go of her and walked towards the fuming dragon.

"Good Ling'er. Now don't scare your mistress." Lian Song said with a sweet smile. The dragon instantly calmed down and turned into a little girl. Cheng Yu saw a highly coquettish young face of a girl glaring at her.

"Ah Lian, who is she?" She spat out. Cheng Yu pressed her lips together and looked at Lian Song who seemed a little awkward. 

She knew it. This playboy Lian Song. A strange feeling rose up inside her heart. With a little anger a little something else. But she didn't show it. 

"Ling'er behave." Lian Song said as his brows creased up. Seeing he was angry, Ling'er obediently left with a pout.

Lian Song extended his hand to Cheng Yu again. She looked at the hand and sneered in her heart. 

"What is this place?" she asked and ignored his hand and crossed her arms looking around.

"An ancient illusionary realm. It is called the Blue Lotus realm. I used to cultivate and spend time here a lot. Ling'er guards this place. She was the contracted beast of the Blue lotus Goddess. After she died, she still remains here to take care of this place. Not many know about it." 

"You know a lot. Why does she let you in?" She narrowed her eyes at him curiously.

"That's a long story. I am friends with her so lets me in," he explained. Cheng Yu snorted softly before walking towards the Lotus. As they walked a vortex came into existence and swallowed them in. 

It was initially very dark inside. Lian Song kept Cheng Yu close to him. But as they walked, she found that the area ahead was illuminated by the faint light of blue lotuses which spread all across leaving only the little road in between as the only area devoid of lotuses.

Cheng Yu couldn't even start describing the beauty of the place. Her heart felt a little moved, but she immediately pushed those thoughts away. 

Suddenly Lian Song stopped. "Look" he whispered to Cheng Yu. Cheng Yu was pulled out of her thoughts.

"The Heavenly Lotus?" she asked in a surprised voice.

"Mmm, I wanted to give it to you since it matched your constitution," he said with a smile that seemed to be highly bewitching under the faint lights.

"But isn't it found only in the deepest levels of Hell's Sea. It can only grow there."

"Eh, you are right. But this realm is a little special. Plus, this plant has its own consciousness. I brought it here when it was young."

"You bought it here? From the Hell Sea?" Her wide eyes searched his. 

Lian Song smiled smugly and nodded.

Cheng Yu really lost it. Today's events left her really feeling strange. And now this guy was telling her he had gone to Hell's Sea. It was a deserted area full of dangerous plants and traps. Plus, there was a lot of sinister energy in the area. It was really a wonder that heavenly lotus grew there. Even the highly skilled people who managed to come out were all worn out and injured once they went there. Hence nobody usually entered the place.

"Touch it. If it recognizes you. It can let you enter symbiotic cultivation with it."

"Why are you doing this for me."

"You know."

Looking away from his disarming smile Cheng Yu touched the lotus with a flustered heart. It swayed and tickled her palms softly along with her heart.

______________________________________________

Ling'er and Ah Lian are both forms of address you'll use when you are highly familiar.