Communicating without words, our magical skill.

Take him with you.

I furrow my eyebrows and ask, To the ladies room?

She just shrugs. I look back at the boys and almost laugh. They have the weirdest expression on their faces as they're trying to understand our dumb charades.

"Hey, Eli. Wanna accompany me?" I look at Eli with a pointed look. He looks confused, but seeing my pointed look turn into a glare, he nods quickly.

Nathan looks even more confused as his best friend gets up from his place and asks, "To the ladies room?"

I laugh internally, thinking about how I had non verbally asked Mia the same question just a few seconds ago. I pull Eli away, throwing an apologetic look at Nathan. As soon as we're far enough, Eli speaks up.

"Bumper, I never knew you liked me in that way. So desperate that you wanna do it in the ladies room?" he teases. I slap his arm, glaring at him.

"Oh shut up already. How do you know Mia?" I question.

He smirks and replies, "I just do."

"Why did Mia give me the same answer?" I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously. Upon hearing this, he gives me a smug smile. Rolling my eyes, I decide it's been more than enough time that Mia is left alone with Nathan.

Casually walking towards our table- after telling Eli not to mutter a single word about this obvious lie- I catch sight of Nathan's slightly pale face and I wince.

Definitely too much time alone with Mia.

"So, what did we miss?" I ask casually. Mia turns her head and smiles at me almost evilly when simultaneously Nathan gulps from the corner of my eyes.

"Bro, you good?" I hear Eli question Nathan.

"Oh, nothing too interesting! Was just telling him a short anecdote," she answers. I groan softly and move my head towards Nathan. He's already looking at me and when I raise my eyebrow to apologise non verbally, he just smiles at me.

The rest of the meet goes as smoothly as it can, with Mia back to glaring at Eli and Eli directing questions towards Mia which seem to irritate her more than she already is. Soon Shaye walks over to our table and joins in the conversation. I look around the table for a second and feel warm all over. Nathan and Eli, both of whom I've just met, fit perfectly in our small group of 3. I remember what Ma once told me,

Blood family is gifted to you the moment you're born. But at one point you form a family which is not bonded by blood, but rather love and respect. And when you find it, hold on to it. It's life's greatest gift.

And looking around the table now, I think I've found my family.

⋈ ⋈ ⋈

"What are you doing here Wright?" I question as I'm closing up. After our lunch, Mia, Shaye and I returned back to our jobs and Nathan and Eli left for their practice.

"Practise finished 10 minutes ago. So I'm here to escort you back home," he puts his hands in his pockets and says.

I roll my eyes and start walking. He soon falls in step beside me and I speak up, "I can escort myself you know? I've been doing it for the past 2 years."

He looks at me and grins, "I know you can. But I want to. I didn't know you for the past 2 years and I wanna make up for the time lost."

A silly grin makes its way on my face and I look away to compose myself.

"So tell me, what did Mia tell you?"

"I think I'd rather remain silent. Your best friend is kind of scary,"

"That's Mia for you. But really, tell me what she said,"

"If I tell you, I won't get to live till tomorrow. If you didn't already know Palmer, your best friend is a crazy lady,"

I chuckle and lookup. We're nearing my apartment.

That's when I get the sudden urge to make him stay for a while longer. I'm enjoying his company and I want to spend more time with him. 

Ma, what if you like one of the bloodless family member a little more than the others?

Almost as if he read my thoughts, he speaks up, "Hey Grasshopper, care for some ice-cream?"

"I can't say no, remember?" I say nonchalantly, as a charming grin graces his face.

"Isn't that a good thing now, grasshopper?" he smirks at me as we walk past my apartment.

It's definitely a good thing.

⋈ ⋈ ⋈

Hiii! Hola! Salut! Halo! How are you?? How was everyone's week? It's been a crazy one for me

Hiii! Hola! Salut! Halo! How are you?? How was everyone's week? It's been a crazy one for me. I just had my highest jump in views ever since I've started this book! We're currently on 750+ views which is INSANEEEEE. Yep, kinda pinching myself. Anywayyy, 

Question of the week!

Q. Would you call yourself a badass or a sweetheart? Or a mixture of both?(Badweet? Badheart??). And and if you want, you can tell me why!

Thank you so so so much for supporting this book! It's such an amazing experience! Thank you! so vote or comment or do anything you'd like to do if you like this chapter or the book so far! Also, go follow my insta! I'm trying  to make it as creative as I can so check that out as well if you'd like. Okay bye!

Love,

Anushka <3