Being a Mother

You sighed heavily as Legolas shrieked at a decibel loud enough to rupture an eardrum. Most Elf children weren't this energetic. Legolas was the only exception to that. Picking him up and setting him in his bed, only for him to climb out again, you tuck the sheets around him. He jumps out of bed again and runs across the room laughing, mocking you, you stood up and chased after him. His bedroom door suddenly opened and in walked Thranduil. Legolas stopped in front of him and hung his head ashamed.

"Daro! Boe?"

"Ada..." Legolas started

"Dina!" Thranduil snapped and gave him a cold stare, his eyebrows nearing a furrow. "*Losto."

"Goheno nin" Legolas mumbled.

"No, Le melin." Thranduil patted his sons head and Legolas went off and climbed up into the soft sheets.

"Le melin Ada." Legolas called as you and Thranduil walked out.

"How can you do that so well?" You ask looking at Thranduil who's glare had softened.

"I am a King, one must learn how to properly glare."

"Must I, dear King?" You walked next to him, arms linked, his robe trailing behind him.

"No, it would not suit your face." He stopped and turned to look at you.

Pushing a lock of light brown hair that had escaped your braid behind you ear, he let his finger trail over your jaw. He stopped at your chin, turning it up to him, his thumb grazed over the soft flesh gently. Your breath hitched as he pulled you in closer and captured you in a kiss. You pressed in closer to his chest and slid your arms over his shoulder blades locking them on his shoulders right next to the base of his neck. His kisses worked their way down your neck and to your collar bone.

"Your Highness," you whisper with a gasp.

"Mm?" He has stopped attacking you with his lips and now gently floats his mouth next to your ear.

"You know a King shouldn't be kissing his Queen like this where someone could see them." You bit back a smile.

He grinned devilishly and took your hand running. The two of you giggling and running through the halls like two children. You heard footsteps and flew behind a column, pressing your back against it, Thranduil wedged himself in between you and the wall right next to the column. You tried not to giggle but a sound escaped your lips, he put a hand over your mouth and put a finger to his own. You nodded with glowing eyes and he smiled at you excitedly. The footsteps went right by and you let out your breath all at once. Thranduil grabbed your hand again and you both went thundering through the halls. As soon as you made it to your room he slammed the door shut and bust out laughing, trying to catch his breath at the same time.

"That was crazy." You commented flopping down on the bed panting.

"Eh, I've done crazier." Thranduil pressed his body weight on top of you and pecked your forehead.

"Really? How come I find that a surprise but also very normal?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"I have no clue your majesty." He grabbed your hand and kissed it.

-----------------------------
Daro- Stop
Boe- Is it necessary?
Ada- Father
Dina- Be Silenced
*Losto- Sleep
Goheno nin- Sorry
No- Yes
Le melin- I love you