not just a pretty face

A couple of hours past all the second up to the seventh year student were all seated in the great hall waiting for the first years to be sorted into their houses. Draco was too busy glaring at Harry and Ron to even realise that the sorting was happening. 

"Look at him! What's so fascinating about him for heaven sakes!? My father told me that he actually lived under the stairs" Draco said with fire raging in his eyes. 

"I can't believe it! We have the hot girl in our house!" Goyle shrieked with everyone staring at him not realising what he said out loud. As you may have already guessed this did in fact break Draco out of his long lasting glare at Harry, looking around to see who Goyle and the rest of Slytherin was talking about he then realised it was indeed Mya. A little smirk broke out onto his face but hid it before anyone realised it, he was chuffed to say the least. 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" a voice appeared behind Crabbe turning round to see who it was Crabbe froze up. 

"uhm..well..uhm..i mean" he hesitated 

"Shut up you fool, yeah you can sit there obviously we don't own the table. You should be proud i even said yes as we don't usually let first year sit with us" Draco said.

"I have you know I'm in the third year just like you Malfoy so i guess you watch out" Mya replied with an instant look of regret as the whole of the great hall turned to see what was going on. Draco was stunned with the reply he got to the point he was speechless and had no comebacks what's so ever for a change.

"What's all the commotion for Malfoy and Jones?" Snape whispered to try and see what was going on.

"Nothing Snape, was just telling Malfoy a little bit about myself, didn't mean to cause a scene" Mya said with a side glare to Draco. He was silent for the rest of the sorting but played off that nothing was bothering him.

*Draco's pov*

Who is this girl? Why is she like the way she is? There's something off normally everyone knows that there's is going to be a new student in the year but she appears out of no where. She took me back a bit, I mean no one has ever and I mean ever talked to me like that. Wait until my father hears about this. I couldn't stop looking at her, i couldn't put my finger on it but there was something different about her...

"Second up to Seventh year students can go to their common rooms now, hope you all have a lovely year at Hogwarts" Dumbledore shouted 

He says the same thing every year i swear. Crabbe and Goyle are more annoying then ever so really nothing has changed much the common room was still green and great as ever, i just wanted to sleep. I do wish i was home though with my mum, as i don't think the Dark Lord treats her with respect that's all that plays on my mind. My dads more into the whole Voldemort master thing then my mother but that's because my dads a complete moron. I just want my mother right now to tell me everything is going to be ok.

"Wow is it always been this magnificent?" Mya murmurs as she walks up to Draco, she didn't realise that his grey eyes are no longer matte. They were glossed up with tears and it actually hurt her to see him like this. "Are you ok?" she says with a sweet tone of voice.

I didn't realise i zoned out.

"Uh yeah must have some wood shavings or something in my eye" i chuckled trying to cover up the fact i was hurting yet i know it didn't fool her, she nodded and walked away with a some what pitiful look on her face. She knows somethings off.

I'm lost and i have no idea what to do, i'm breaking and no one sees it and the only person that does see it is Mya. I can't tell her then she'd know i have some sort of liking towards her if anything she'd just laugh at me. She's not just a pretty face. Then i would become a laughing stock like Potter and his stupid friends. I need help and i need her...