Third year | Tea Leaves Of Doom

Start from the beginning

My face must've changed, because Millicent looked at me frantically.

"What is it?"

I smiled, "A bouquet, you're fine Mills. It just means you're lucky this year, the typical loyal friends and success."

She let out a breath of relief.

"You've done this before?" Professor Trelawney smiled.

I shook my head, "No, I just looked and I knew."

This only made her happier, she came towards us more.

"I feel you have the gift, your aura confirms it with its shining!" She moved on to Harry's table, things getting more dramatic.

Harry always has something in the universe trying to kill him. Though, Professor Trelawney could've softened the blow a bit.

"I'm not surprised by your cup." Millicent chuckled.

I raised an eyebrow, trying to peer at what she was looking at. She moved the cup so I couldn't see.

"It's a heart, wonder what that could mean?" she teased, laughing at my attempts to grab the cup from her.

Hermione heard and flipped to the page, "Not that it isn't obvious what a heart means, but good luck in your love life (Y/n)."

I sat in the rest of class mad at Millicent and Hermione, they just exposed me like that in class. Well...not really, they didn't say who specifically, but I felt like they meant Draco. Millicent still teases me about flirting, but I don't think we're flirting.

Or am I just dumb? The rest of class was just false advertising anyways, everyone who got their leaves read by Professor Trelawney had the same fate of doom.
-

-

-

-
Time skip to next class ~

I walked behind Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Listening to them talk about divination was entertaining, Millicent agreed with Hermione, she realized it was rubbish.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asked, worried.

"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject." Hermione beamed.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking?" I asked.

"A fair few."

Ron tilted his head in confusion, "Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is at the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once? Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future." Hermione laughed, mocking what Professor Trelawney said earlier.

Something was off about what Hermione said, but I'm trying to stay out of trouble these days. We hurried down the steps to get to Hagrid's hut. I had originally been scared to take care of magical creatures after the manticore incident.