ONE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Mad at Disney
Artist: salem ilese
Chapter Name: ⚠️ I Miss Her ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

Hizashi has had a long day.

From dealing with messes made in the kitchen—curtesy of Nemuri, Eri, Mirio, Eijirou, and one very angry Katsuki—to accidentally getting kicked in the ribs by Tsuyu while she was working on some training, Hizashi is fucking exhausted.

But every day eventually ends, whether bad or good. The sun set, making Hizashi give a sigh of relief at the thought of a closer tomorrow.

All he has to do now is make sure the kids are getting ready for bed, and finish his quirk notes for the students' training routines. So off Hizashi goes, to walk around the house and make sure his kids are safe. The loud blonde takes the third floor to patrol, while Sekirijo takes the fifth floor—as most of his students are there—Shouta takes the fourth floor, and Nemuri takes the second.

After seeing that Fumikage and Mezou are all dressed in their pajamas, Yamada says his goodnights and strolls down the hall to the next room. He peeks open the door to Tetsutetsu and Neito's room to find them leaning against the crazy blonde's bed fast asleep. Hizashi quickly but silently places each teen in their bed, and sneaks back out.

The next room Hizashi is supposed to venture into is Izuku and Yuuga's room. With all the craziness happening involving the greenette for the past few weeks, Hizashi watches to make sure the boy only takes one of his prescribed pills, before placing them back in his pocket.

What he doesn't expect is while Hizashi makes sure Izuku is not going to do anything dangerous, Yuuga comes up behind him and ever so lightly tugs on his shirt. The loud blonde turns around to face the usually sparkly blonde, who's glittery expression is now replaced with a more solemn one.

"What's up, listener? Need something?" Hizashi says softly. Yuuga hesitantly nods while twirling his thumbs around each other.

Hizashi's sweet, parental look changes into one of concern. He puts a hand on Yuuga's shoulder as he turns his head back around to say goodnight to Izuku, who had already passed out in the last five seconds.

Yamada quietly chuckles at the snoring greenette before pulling out his phone to text Shouta. He lets him know he needs to finish up patrolling the third floor for him. He quietly ushers Yuuga out of the bedroom, and switches off the lights. Hizashi shuts the door, and starts to softly lead Yuuga back to his and Shouta's room.

•••

"What's wrong, little listener? You not feeling well? I can grab you some water and a light snack if you think that would help." Hizashi questions the teen as he sits Yuuga down on the edge of the bed. The loud blonde reaches over and quickly places his palm on Yuuga's forehead, taking his temperature. "You don't seem to feel like you have a fever."

Hizashi takes away his palm, and takes a seat next to the kid. Yuuga stays sitting like a rock. The two sit in the quiet for a few moments, embracing the peacefulness surrounding them.

"I miss her."

Hizashi's eyebrows perk up. He curiously looks at Yuuga who is wiping away tears that are starting to fall down his face.

"You miss who?" Hizashi carefully pries. Yuuga goes back to sitting still for one moment more, before taking a giant breath. Hizashi gently starts to rub the kid's back in an attempt at comforting him.

"My mum. She was one of the only people who truly understood me. And n-now, she's gone." Yuuga's voice cracks, with the tears he tried to hold back before now streaming in rivers down his pale face. Hizashi stays quiet, not yet knowing if it's a good time to say something.

"She was truly a magnifique woman. Her dishes were the best food I've ever eaten. He style was always so sparkly, which made h-her stand out—in a good way. She cared for me when my s-stomach gave out, and she never complained. She was the best of the best," Yuuga pauses to catch his nonexistent breath. Hizashi rubs his back again as Yuuga continues, "and those monsters took h-her away. What did she do to them?"

The pleading look in Yuuga's eyes nearly made Hizashi burst into tears. He wanted so badly to be able to understand and help make this kid's pain go away.

Hizashi eventually calms himself down enough. "Yuuga, kid," Hizashi begins, "she did nothing wrong. She sounds like the best mother you could ever ask for, which is unfortunately a very lucky trait to come across nowadays. That's just life, and how the universe rolls it's dice. There's nothing you can do to stop bad shit from happening, whether you're the strongest hero or the weakest link."

Yuuga stares intensely at Hizashi, who wipes the teenager's tears away with his thumb. Hizashi gives him a small smile before starting again. "You're mom would want you to be happy now, and not wallow over her with tears."

Yuuga sniffles, and Hizashi swiftly but gently pulls the shaking teenager into a much needed hug. Aoyama clutches onto Yamada's shirt with shaky hands, while the ladder sweetly combs his fingers through the former's messy hair.

"We're all here for you, especially me and Shouta. If you ever feel like this again, or need anything at all, please don't be afraid about coming to us. We may not be your mom—and we could never replace her—but we want to do all we can for you and the others."

Yuuga nods his head in understanding as the tears continue to roll down his face.

__________________________________________________________________________________

This book will be done really quickly, I promise. I can't wait to write the fourth book because of all the fluff and comfort I have planned!

Anyway, thanks for reading!