→ une | avant

𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝

𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝.
𝐚𝐝𝐯. before, prior, earlier.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐔𝐌 shined brightly and the sound of multiple instruments were blowing through the speakers – the voice of Ace Auxier following suit, the usual raspy tone of his voice made unwanted goosebumps app...

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐔𝐌 shined brightly and the sound of multiple instruments were blowing through the speakers – the voice of Ace Auxier following suit, the usual raspy tone of his voice made unwanted goosebumps appear on his arm. And while the ambiance around him was nice, and while everything within him told him he should be enjoying this, the only thing Reggie could think about; was how badly he did not want to be here.

He had taken a seat in the corner of the room a few minutes ago, hopeful to hide himself from the view of the lead singer. The attempt turned out to be futile, though. Ace always seemed able to sniff him out no matter where he tried to hide. Reggie had looked up from tuning his bass for just a few seconds, only to end up regretting the decision as soon as he and Ace crossed eyes – he cursed in his head at the smug look the singer always wore on his face.

Reggie really, really didn't want to be here at the moment. He hadn't planned to arrive half an hour early for their rehearsal, but his parents were fighting again and he couldn't concentrate at home. He just had to get away. And if he had to choose between the yelling of his parents or Ace Auxier's taunts, he'd begrudgingly choose for the latter.

His ears caught a few excited whispers from a couple of girls next to him, another few of them that seemed entranced by the band currently performing. Reggie envied them. They'd gotten the chance to perform the Orpheum the year before and their career took off not long after that – they were planning to go on their North American tour next month, if he remembered correctly. The fact that it also added to Ace's ego certainly didn't make it any better, either.

The dark-haired boy let out a sigh and finally put his bass down on the table he was sitting on. The Orpheum was basically empty, though a few boys and girls had decided to come watch Ace and his band rehearse. Reggie wondered if people would come watch him and his band, too, after tonight. He hoped they would. It would certainly make rehearsal a lot more fun. Playing just didn't feel the same if there was no one out there to listen.