ραят ѕєνєи

The boys along with Emma and Lauren had gone in the sea on the couple jet skis they had rented out, leaving y/n and Charlotte behind. Both girls sat on their towels over the sand enjoying the warm breeze and the hot sunshine beaming down on their shoulders. "How's life been? Did you try to date anyone these past months?" Charlotte asked when she finished looking at the photos in y/n's camera.

"Life's been great, loads of work." Y/n nodded her head as she responded to the first question Charlotte had thrown at her and actively avoided the second one.

"You really haven't seen anyone since you and Harrison broke up?" Charlotte's voice rose in surprise, brows shooting up and mouth hanging a bit opened. Between the sun and the slight embarrassment, y/n's face heated up prompting her to turn towards the sea, spotting the jet skis gliding across the water in the distance.

"Yeah, I mean..." She shrugged, trying her best to not make a huge deal out of it. For her it wasn't really a big deal, same for Maddie; her best friend never forced her to meet new people for potential dates, in fact: they never talked about y/n dating someone else after she and Harrison called it quits. That moment was the first time she ever talked about it with someone.

"Hey it's okay, I didn't mean to be rude or anything." Charlotte excused herself, her voice soft and sincere.

"No, it's just... it never crossed my mind, you know? Dating someone else." Y/n explained, "The reason Haz and I broke up was because we were both starting to get really busy and as much as we tried we couldn't take good care of our relationship." The girl rambled on while the younger one nodded and hummed along. "And to be honest, I don't wanna date anyone else but him." She said the last so quiet she doubted Charlotte heard her.

"After he told us you had broken up mum kept bringing up that he should go find a 'nice girl' to date, you know how mum is," Charlotte started, and the way she said nice girl in between air quotes and a roll of her eyes made y/n snicker a little. "But he would always come up with an excuse. I think he was waiting for you to come back into his life." Charlotte's admission caused y/n's stomach to erupt in an overwhelming fluttering, her hands coming up to brush her hair out of her face with a slight tremble.

"You really think so?" Y/n's eyes sparkled under the sun rays, the lack of sunglasses on her face made her squint a bit as she turned to look at Charlotte. There was hope in her question, she really wished the brunette girl was being serious and not just trying to make her feel better. Her heart rushed when Harrison's sister confirmed, a fit of shy giggles rumbled in her throat causing Charlotte to laugh with her, not missing the opportunity to make some teasing noises and gestures when she saw the group come back.

The chatter they carried between heavy breaths reached the two girls sat on the sand and the enthusiasm with which Harrison gestured and spoke brought a grin to y/n's face immediately. "How was it?" Charlotte quizzed no one in particular.

"It was fun. It's very wavy, though. I've got no balls left." Tobias was the one to answer, eliciting a few chuckles from his cousins and a tsk from his wife.

"You were the one going all mental and speeding way too much." Harrison breathed out ruffling his wet hair before he sat down in the same towel as y/n. He comfortably settled right in front of her as he reached inside her bag to get his phone out, her eyes lingered over his bare back and shoulders, travelling up until they landed on the side of his face. The girl's gaze followed the droplets of water that graced his clear skin, smiling when he scrunched up his nose. "What is it?" She wondered, leaning a bit closer to him.

"Mum wants a picture. Do you mind?" The blonde inquired, turning a bit to look at her in the eye. She immediately agreed, bringing her sandy hand up to grab his phone thinking he wanted her to take a photo of the group but when she reached his hand he moved it away. "I meant a picture of us,"