三. 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑'𝐒

Start from the beginning

"What took you so long?" Kai asked, being the first to notice their presence.

"Wow! This place looks amazing." Nya said, truly impressed by their work.

"You guys did all of this?" Harper asked, looking around with an eyebrow raised, her hands deep in her white overalls pockets.

"Ninja don't just fight, lil' cuz. We clean." Cole said, turning to look at her.

"Mmm-Hmmm" Harper crossed arms, giving him and the boys an unimpressed look.

She had lived with Cole her whole life and only saw him clean his room three times, and while Zane and Jay were the most organized, they all were too impatient and lazy to do housekeeping chores. There's no way they could do all of this cleaning by themselves, not without some kind of help.

"Oh. You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?" Sensei Wu asked with a playful smile, knowing how messy this boys could be.

Harper suddenly heard a horn honk on the distance. She looked around the room, trying to figure where the noice was coming from, and noticed Nya by the window. Walking to her side, Harper had to stand on tippy toes to look outside the high window.

In the distance an unusual old-fashioned car was approaching. It was big and obviously made with many different parts, the motor making loud sputtering noises as it worked.

"Looks like we're about have some visitors," Nya announced, shoving down a smile of amusement when she saw Harper's struggle to watch through the window. "And loud ones at that."

"Ugh...It's my parents." Jay sighed in aggravation, pausing their video games to look at the others in the room. "Please, if they start yapping, just don't let them going, okay? They don't know when to quit. And if you start talking then they'll start talking, and suddenly half the day is gone before you know it ends-"

"We get it! They talk a lot!" Kai snapped at the boy in blue, his babbling burning at the brunette's short fuse. "The cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom..."

As Jay's parents were getting closer to arriving, the Ninja walked out to the deck to welcome them. Wincing a little when their car softly collided with the old stuff Cole took out. Jay's Dad, Ed, expressed how it was a shame they were throwing the stuff out and that they should've brought the trailer. While Jay's Mom, Edna, reminds him that they were there for Jay.

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" Jay asked with obvious fake enthusiasm, walking up to their car.

"Oh, look! It's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you!" Edna exclaimed, delighted to see her son.

"Ma, I called you two days ago." Jay said, trying to hide his annoyance, standing in front of their car with the others behind him.

Now up close, Harper could distinct their features better. Both Edna and Ed looked like they were on their early fifties, Edna had graying brown hair put on a low bun and soft brown eyes, she wore a zipped up aviator jacket; dark blue jeans with a brown belt, with keys in it; and red-framed halfmoon glasses. Ed had gray hair with thick eyebrows, brown eyes and a white light beard on his chin, his clothes consisted on a blue long sleeved button up shirt with dirty light sea-green overalls. Harper founded it curious how Jay didn't have any distinctive features from his parents, his auburn hair and electric blue eyes not matching at all with his parents'.