Can you imagine how frustrating that must be for Sakura? All that TRAINING… but one look or harsh word from Sasuke and she breaks down. She KNOWS it’s PATHETIC. She even says it here. But can she stop herself? No. WHY? BECAUSE SHE LOVES HIM. Time and time again, she throws her pride out the window and is left WOUNDED by this SON OF A BITCH, who frankly, let’s face it, DOESN’T DESERVE HER DEVOTION.

I’m sorry to write it. Yes, I am a SS shipper and always have/will be, but I’m also realistic, and when I say Sasuke doesn’t deserve her, I mean HE IS NOT WORTHY. NOT BY A LONG SHOT. AND SASUKE SEEMS TO KNOW IT TOO, BUT WE’LL COME BACK TO THAT IN A BIT.

Anyway, back to this page. Look at NARUTO’s FACE. There is NO PAIN because he’s in love with Sakura himself - because he ISN’T. This panel of him is PROOF of just how much Naruto has grown and accepted the fact that Sakura was no more than a crush. He loves her - but more like a SISTER.

NOW LOOK AT THE PAIN IN KAKASHI’S EYES.

MAYBE KAKASHI is thinking of RIN, of how he pushed her away. The regret he lived with ever since. He doesn’t want Sasuke to feel the same way.

Or maybe he is so EXHAUSTED. poor thing. So SAD that even after they saved the world together, Sasuke refuses to turn to them. He just wants them together, like Sakura does. Like Naruto does. They’re all SO TIRED of this drama, of having to chase Sasuke down, only for him to throw CRAP in their faces.

But that isn’t even the most significant part of this page. We KNOW Sakura is in love with Sasuke. Kishi has been shoving that in our faces an awful lot lately, and really putting her feelings in the spotlight. We already know. And as HEARTBREAKING as it is to see Sakura like this, pleading with him again, it’s not a shock. Sure, it made me angry, because Sasuke is once again being a JERK and disregarding the love and care and happiness that is being FREELY offered to him on a golden platter. But this is SASUKE. What the hell do we expect?

I find it interesting that Sakura says, “If I still have a place somewhere in your heart…”

WAIT A MINUTE. REWIND. STILL?

We’ve gone from Sakura thinking Sasuke doesn’t care the slightest for her, to her telling him if there is STILL a place in his heart for her?

Did something give her reason to believe there WAS a place for her there at the start?

But she always thought he thought her annoying - right?

That was an interesting little piece of dialogue, but what got me was this next bit.

IT’S THE HESITATION WE SEE IN SASUKE’S FEET AS HE HEARS HER WORDSTHAT ONCE AGAIN TELLS US, HIS ACTIONS BETRAY HIS WORDS.

I mean, it says SHAKE next to his foot up there. He was LEAVING to go fight with Naruto. What happens when Sakura starts confessing all over again?

HE FALTERS.

HE WAITS.

HE LISTENS.

JUST LIKE HE DID THE NIGHT HE LEFT KONOHA.

Now, tell me this, SS fans. Did he HAVE to listen? Did he HAVE to wait? And what’s with the hesitation? Not very Sasuke like, is it? WHY WOULD KISHI WASTE A PANEL WITH THAT IF IT DIDN’T MEAN SOMETHING. HE WANTS US TO SEE SASUKE HESITATE.