Chapter 1

Jason's POV

"You ready to take on the position Jason?" my father asked me as he patted my back "I'm a little nervous" I said as I took a sip of my beer "And that's okay, son. You know, when I built this brotherhood, I was nervous about what this could all turn out to be but look at us now. The family we've built from the ground up and all that we have accomplished over the years. It wasn't easy and it will never be easy but the moment you take on your position and become leader of The Reapers, you will see that the power you hold is extraordinary. The club needs you Jason and I know you will make me proud. You were born a leader." He said and I smirked at him as he pulled me in for a hug "I love you son" he whispered to me "Love you too Pop" I said as I released myself from the hug and that's when I heard the shot. I bent down then looked over as I watched my father fall to the floor, gripping my jacket "Dad?! Dad !" I yelled as I knelt to the ground, hearing everyone beginning to shoot at whoever was in sight. "SOMEBODY GET HELP!" I yelled as my dad groaned holding on to his side "Remember... Remember what I t-taught you son." He said in pain and I shook my head "N-no dad stay with me. Don't you dare die on me" I said as I watched his eyes closed. "FUCK!" I screamed as I heard sirens and Austin yelling for me but I was too busy crying as I looked down at my father, bloodied and dead.

My eyes opened wide as my chest heaved heavily "Fuck, not again" I said as I wiped the sweat off of my forehead. Pushing off my sheets, I sat up from my bed and grabbed my phone to check the time "Of course" I said as I shook my head, seeing that it was 6 AM and I had the reoccurring nightmare of my father's death. I walked out of my bedroom to get a drink of water from the kitchen, gulping down the whole cup instantly. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep so I walked back to my bedroom and rolled up a joint to calm my nerves. I hated that even after 3 years of my fathers death, I still had nightmares of that night. The way he died in my arms and his final words to me is what killed me the most. I sighed as I put the joint between my lips and lit it, letting the smoke enter my body then exhaled slowly. I felt my muscles relax as I laid back on my headboard and turned on my TV to watch some Netflix. I decided to watch The Office as I finished up my joint then ash it into the ashtray. I grabbed my phone and looked over my texts from the club and personal ones. After about an hour and a half, I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. I brushed my teeth then stripped off my boxers and hopped in the shower, letting the water fall down my body.

After I showered, I wrapped a towel around my waist then walked into the closet and grabbed a pair of black joggers and a white t-shirt. Throwing my clothes on the bed, I walked to one of my drawers and slipped on a pair of boxers then put my clothes on. I slipped on some socks and my Airforce 1s then I grabbed my wallet and shoved it into my pocket. I turned off my TV then walked out my house and got on my bike, slipping on my helmet. I turned on my bike and headed towards the club house, mentally preparing myself for the long day I was going to have. It is the 3 year anniversary of my father's death, it was hard on all of us. The club and my family haven't been the same since that day. Austin is an unreliable douchebag, my mother cries still when she thinks about my dad, and me, I'm a wreck. I had to toughen up when I swore in as President of The Reapers but I miss my old man. I wish I knew who murdered him cause I would want nothing more than to slit the bastard's throat. We tried hunting the guy down for 3 years now and still haven't come up with any leads but I know we're going to find him soon. When my father passed, I became President and my brother, Austin, became the first Vice President. Dad always believed in one leader but I felt like having my brother as my number two would help him grow up a bit. He's been acting out for a while, even before my dad's murder. I thought become VP would help and it did for a while but he was back to his old ways again. Drinking heavily, getting into fights, going MIA for days, and so much more that makes my head spin.