━ 𝘆𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗮

Start from the beginning

“You're not dumb.” he assured you and pushed a kiss against your lips, making your smile.

“Your illness is the dumb one for going on your nerves.”

You chuckled at that and brushed your nose against his.

“Yeah, it's a pretty dumb bitch for making me forget where I put my stuff all the time and making me move like a monkey.”

You jerked your head to the side to mimic a tic and he laughed, caressing your cheeks in a gentle matter.

“Do you want to-”

“Oh, I almost forgot!” you interrupted him and moved away from him, walking to your desk.

You pulled something out of a package, turning and showing him the plushie you had ordered online.

“I got this today after waiting for two damn weeks. It's not as bright as I thought, but hey, it's still cute. And I saw that one of my favourite youtubers also has one of these even though he has that masculine look and this plushie is so adorable, but that's cool too, because: fuck gender roles and stereotypes. I lately saw a post on instagram that was about gender roles and did you know that the suicide rate of men is three times higher than for girls because of the toxic masculinity and inability for men to talk about their feelings? That's so fucked up.”

You stared into nothing for a moment, then, you looked up and smiled at Yamagata.

“Should we go out and punch some conservatives for being ignorant?”

He smiled back as he stepped closer towards you, inspecting the plushie.

“We can combine that with the party on Saturday. Did you decide if you want to come or not? Semi asked me about it today and the others said they would love you to come because they haven't seen you in a while.”

You furrowed your brows in confusion.

“What party?”

“We want to throw a little party at Semi's place next weekend, celebrating our qualification for nationals.”

Slowly, you shook your head.

“You didn't tell me about that.”

“I did.” he responded with a smile.

But even his gentleness couldn't calm the irritation you felt.
You didn't want to get angry, you knew it was stupid, but you couldn't stop it.

“No you didn't. Do you think I'm stupid?” you asked with furrowed brows, making him sigh.

And that sigh made you even more upset. As if you were a child throwing a tantrum.

Yamagata pulled out his phone and scrolled through your chat, then showed you the message in which he had asked about the party.

“Oh.” you let out, immediately feeling guilty.

“It's okay.” he said with a smile.
He dropped his phone onto a stack of clothing on the floor, before pulling you closer and running his fingers through your hair.

“No it's not.” you responded with a sad voice, wrapping your arms around him.

“I'm sorry that I'm so stupid, that I cost you so much energy and nerves all the time.”

He rubbed your back in a soothing way, while you nuzzled your face in his neck.

“You're not stupid and you don't steal any energy from me. I love to spend time with you and I don't judge you for the things your illness makes you do.”

Inhaling his scent, you closed your eyes.

“But I'm always forgetting things and you have to help me with so many things. I'm such a burden to you.”

Yamagata pulled back and cupped your face in his hands.

“Don't apologize for this. I will always do things that will help you, that will make you feel better, because I want you to be happy.”

You tried to smile as he looked at your face, but it didn't really work out.

“Oh baby, what do I have to do to cheer you up?” he purred as he pulled you closer and you chuckled when his fingers went to your waist and started to tickle you through the textile of your shirt.

You laughed when he reached beneath and continued to tickle your skin and you tried to pull away, but he held you in his grip and grinned as he kissed you, both of you laughing against each other's lips.

He pushed you backwards and eventually pushed you down on the bed, careful and slowly.

When he pulled back from you and you saw his sparkling eyes, you smiled, feeling your pain slowly fade, making place for love to fill your chest.

“Just stay with me and hold me for a little longer. That's all I need.” you said with a soft voice, caressing his cheeks.

He nodded with a sweet smile.

“If by 'a little longer' you mean 'forever', then I'm in.”

Your smile grew when he pushed his lips against you, kissing you with all the love he felt and all the sweetness his soft lips were able to offer.

After a little while, he dropped next to you and pulled you closer, making you sigh in bliss at the wonderful warmth he spread.

“So, are you coming to the party?” he asked as he caressed your temple.

You smiled and nodded, looking into his eyes.

He let out a triumphant “Yes!” and turned on his back, reaching out towards his pocket.

“Perfect, I'll send Semi a text.”

After rummaging through his pockets, a frown appeared on his forehead.

“What's wrong?” you asked, gently trailing your finger over his cheek.

“I can't remember where I put my phone.” he said with a frustrated voice and it made you laugh.

At least, you were not alone when it came to forgetting your phone.