Chapter 23

Jennifer's POV.

I broke down in to tears and I completely hadn't had any sleep, at all.

No, I shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing.

I had to make sure my daughter was safe and sound.

Alex, being the careful one, asked me what I wanted.

Stretching my legs upward, I dragged him outside without further hesitations.

Immediately, the cold air touched my face sending shivers all over my body.

I quickly shrugged it off and strengthened myself to quickly ensure the safety of my child.

Obviously, I was too distracted on what I was thinking to notice Alex talking.

"Jennifer, stop! Where in the world are you bringing me?!"

Was he really still that stupid?

I had been gone for like a year and he hadn't improved at least a bit?

"Are you just that plain stupid Mr. Dawson?" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and snapped back at me, "Cut the crap Jennifer! Where in the world are we going?!"

Goodness!

I am so tired of answering his stupid questions!

"Okay! Okay! We're going to that castle, clear?"

I shot him an annoyed smile.

He suddenly motioned me to ride on his back.

There's no way I am doing piggy-back ride with him, never!

"Snap out of it baby, just ride my back and we'll get there in no time," he said using his mind.

Obliged to, I rode his back and placed my head on his shoulders.

_

In a matter of minutes, we got there.

The place was from the image I was imagining behind my brain.

It was crystal-like castle with pure white marble walls and high concave ceilings.

I immediately shook my head and remembered why I was here.

Using my clenched hand, I knocked on the giant door and there opened a butler in his mid 60's wearing a tuxedo.

Before he could speak, I stomped inside with fury written on my face.

"But miss! You cannot enter without any orders from the Royals!" I heard the butler shout.

I immediately found the throne room and as I entered, I saw a lady and a man laughing which I suppose was the king and queen.

"You impetuous king and queen! Where did you bring my daughter?! Where is Rose?! Answer me!" I shouted at them.

The queen eyed me suspiciously and sternly as if she was examining me carefully.

"We do not have your daughter little lady and I think you should tone down your voice," the king answered

With the fire building up inside me, I impulsively pointed at the eye of the queen with only an inch of distance.

The king suddenly held my wrist and increasingly tightened his grip around it.

I reacted in pain and tried to release my hand from his large hands.

"You better know your place and who you're talking to," he looked at me angrily.

"My dear Rupert, stop. Let me look at her wrist," the queen said smoothly.

The king, which I suppose is King Rupert handed my arm to the queen.

She, in all of a sudden gasped too loud, loud enough to disturb anyone from their work.

"My daughter! Rupert! It's our daughter, Jennifer! Look at her wrist."

What was with my wrist?

It was just that old, wearisome tattoo I had the day I was born.

The tattoo was an infinity sign with a diamond on the center, overlapping the intersected lines of the infinity symbol.

King Rupert suddenly hugged me and suddenly heard him sniffling.

"You're back," was all he said with a smile forming in his face.

I don't understand.

"No. None of you are my parent. It was that hag of drunken man back in our town," I simply stated.

They both looked at each other and nodded.

"Well, we sent you away, our only child just to protect you. It was the only way, my dear. Those times was when the war was epidemic and no one could stop it neither us. Victoria was the one controlling it. Of course, you are a full-blooded vampire but we decided to remove it from you for you to have a normal life with the humans. It seems like fate brought us back together and look where you are now. You're here, right in front of me."

This was too much.

"So, you mean I am your daughter?" I asked.

They both nodded with a smile.

"Before that, I just want to ask for help since I knew you were good people and you weren't part of Victoria's regime. She kind of kidnapped my daughter, whom is your granddaughter and now I'm having discomposure with it. Would you hep me?"

"We would gladly do it for our daughter."

Thank God!