Chaos 101

A gentle breeze stirs a lonely windmill, creating another sound alongside the cacophony of farm animals in the nearby barn. But as usual another sound compliments the chorus with their steps on the rickety fencing leading to some nearby apple tress. Holding their arms out to balance as they traverse the aging wood beams with a straw held in their lips.

"Ah, snack time." The farmer boy took out the straw from his mouth and began to reach for an apple situated above his head on a nearby branch. Yet, he wouldn't be getting his snack today. At least now without a fight. As the tree was sent crashing down on the young man just as he went reaching for the pair of perfectly ripe apples. Coupled with ominous, and thundering, steps.

"Hey! What did you do that for?" He exclaimed as he sat, strangely unharmed in the foliage that had fallen on him, with an indignant ( and hangry ) expression. The two held responsible, with their sickly yellow and blue skin tones, pummeled their fists together just itching for an easy fight. Was one wearing an old blacksmith helmet? Without answering his question, the two giants leaned down to pluck the boy from the leaves and branches. Resulting in an even stranger outcome.

Without missing a beat the teenager, who was by now held aloft in the air like some child swinging from their parents arm, took in a deep breath and began to grip their hands. Impressively flexing his pectorals with a grunt, the boy used his strength to flip himself over. Giving him the right amount of kinetic energy to toss the two giants into the air with a means of strength not seen since the days of Hercules. After their impact with each other, the boy forced them to the ground. Allowing them to let out moans of agony as they lay their with their bellies in the air. Not being one to leave a conflict unresolved, the boy marched his way onto one of their bellies, like they were some kind of stepping block.

"What's your problem?" He asked the downed giants with a nonchalance, and a lack of fatigue after his enormous fear. But again, his question went unanswered as a familiar gleam of purple feathers hurtled down and scooped him up into the air to join its brethren. Though it turns out Hermes was riding this one, so the God's griffin attained just enough altitude to then drop him into the open air. Where he found himself impacting with a different griffin's back, who thankfully swooped under him with practiced ease like some sort of circus act. and letting out a grunt.

And if that wasn't enough to send the boy into shock, the flamboyant God executed his same trick as he had with Jay. By maneuvering over the boy's head while upside down to greet the male like a long lost friend.

"Hello Herry! Good to see you!" Hermes's mouth, as usual, running a mile a minute. "Hey! Looks like you had those guys beat back there!"

"I must have bumped my head or somethin'."Herry grabbed a fistful of griffin feathers as he hunched over on its neck to hold his head in contemplation at this strange afternoon.

"Okay! Time to go girls! Come on, shake a wing!" Hermes instructed his griffins while shaking his scepter at the air in front of his griffin's face. And yes, while still upside down.

"Hang on kids!" The God hollered over the griffins' increasing velocity as they soared back into cloud cover.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile the two giants left bruised and battered at the farmyard began to slowly stand up and face their maker.

"Well it looks like they were expecting you." Kronos's smooth voice rang irritably into the air. And with a further, introspective, growl he mused aloud, " I wonder where they are going."