Clean Up, Clean Up

Ruth's eyes were as wide as baseball's when she saw them trying to nonchalantly enter the house. "Elliot Saggarith!" She pronounced his full name with such definite severity that made both of the grown men jump in their seats.

He froze and looked down. "No," he whispered his hatred of what he knew was happening.

She gasped when Alice came running at full throttle, streaking brown watery dirt across her perfectly clean kitchen floors,"Alice no! No!" She rushed to the other room just in time to stop the dog from hitting her carpets,"No!" She yelled again, now towering over the dark toy poodle. "Out! Out!" She commanded with a jab of her hand. Alice whimpered a bit while backing away from the creme livingroom carpet. They made eye contact and the alpha female stomped her foot, assuring her seriousness.

Her husband stood slowly, his brows knit together as he studied his two children. "How did you possibly? Emily?" He asked breathlessly.

"I-i-i," she stuttered as her mama stalked towards them. "We-- car car?" She pleaded for his help. He shrugged from the livingroom to say, 'You're on your own kid.' The little girl bit her lip and stared at her soiled shoes.

Ruth sighed deeply as she felt how greasy and grimmy her son's hair was, "Jack?" She called for her husband over her shoulder. Clearly they both needed another bath. "Could you grab the towels?"

"Oh, yeah!" Jack facepalmed before chuckling at himself. "Get ta work, dumbo." He rolled his eyes, pushing his pink tipped hair out of his face as he jogged to their bathroom.

She shook her head lightly. "Outside, cmon." She led her twins back through the door they'd come from and around the back. Emily's stomach grumbled. "Loves..." She sounded so disappointed in them, specifically her little girl. She needed dinner. That would have to wait.

"I-i," Emily sniffled and wiped her face,"I sowyy..."

Her mama simply shook her head and started at stripping them,"It's okay, Emi." Normally she kept so clean. She helped the little girl's panties off before glancing to Elliot,"Strip?" she asked her pantless boy,"C'mon Elliot, get the water warm," she urged him into action.

He nodded and laughed nervously, "Oh, oh ok," he turned around and threw off his shirt before fumbling with the water nozzles. Just as it started to warm, his daddy walked out onto the porch with three or fourth towels and a bucket of toiletries. Baby shampoo, conditioner, flea shampoo for Alice, a couple hair brushes, and more.

Jack's tired wife smiled at the help, "Oh," she breathed, pausing her scrubbing of the dried mud covering her son's arm,"Thank you," she spoke to his gentle kiss on her cheek.

He grinned and nodded before glancing fondly to his little girl whom still held Pip, "What'd ya say about helping me wash Alice after your turn?" He asked kindly.

She smiled up at him,"She's diirrtty," she said, scratching the small dog's head while her tail just wagged and wagged. Alice sure loved being with her family.

Ruth couldn't help her chuckle. That was an understatement. "You're dirty. She's something more, sweetie." The dog was a different color all together. And her stuffed animal? It seemed like only half of it had taken a swim in the mud.

Jack nodded as he stood with the bucket of soiled clothes, "I'm gonna throw these in the wash real quick then I'll help." His wife thanked him and soon enough, both twins were clean and dressed in new, warm, pajamas.

While Elliot scarfed down the meatloaf his mama had cooked, his daddy and sister drenched Alice with water in the kitchen sink. She giggled at how scrawny she looked,"She's so skinnyy."

"Yeah!" Her daddy chimed with a chuckle of his own. "She's a rat!" He smiled at Emily while messaging shampoo into Alice's long curly ears with one hand.