𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘴

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter twelve | choking on their halos

————☽•☾————

𝙃e's in the castle, she's in the castle, she's going to find me, she's going to kill me, she's going to leave more scars. I need to find my friends. He's in the castle, she's in the castle, she's going to find me, she's going to kill me, she's going to leave more scars. Elena was pacing up and down in her dorm room, ignoring the frightened whispering of Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones. Brianna had told her mere minutes before they heard Black and her aunt were in the castle that she was hungry and headed down to the kitchens. The Headmaster had told them that they were to sleep in the Great Hall tonight as the teachers did a thorough search of the entire castle. Elena had nearly chuckled at that. They will never find Sirius Black, he'll just disguise himself in his Animagus form. And they will never ever find her aunt, that she knew, it took Aurors years to capture her only for her to escape anyway.

Brianna stumbled into the dorm, muffins in her hand and a brownie sticking out her mouth. Elena released a breath of relief. "Fuck Brianna, I was worried about you!"

Brianna shrugged. "You know Black would never ever try to murder me, cause I'll be the one doing the murdering." She mumbled behind her brownie and when it fell to the floor, she quickly bent down, only to drop two muffins and she cursed rather loudly before she scooped them all up again. "Five seconds rule. Never forget it. I need to teach it to Jake, that kid is just going to be the fuc—"

"Anyway, grab your pillow and whatever other stuff you'll need. We're sleeping in the Great Hall." Elena said, alread grabbing her unicorn themed pillow, along with her unicorn plushie. She didn't care that other children will mock her, this unicorn kept the nightmares away. Her parents bought her the unicorn, named Viktor because she was a tad (just a tad) obsessed with Viktor Krum, after her aunt tried to murder her. It made her feel safe. It was stupid, but at this rate, she didn't care whether children thought her stupid or not.

"So basically it's one huge sleepover?" Brianna asked, brow raised, one muffin now in her mouth. "With Slytherins!"

"Some Slytherins aren't that bad Bri."

"Your boyfriend and his gang of friends, yeah I know. Let a girl exaggerate okay?" Brianna argued, tossing her half eaten muffin at Elena, who grimaced at her best friend's gross-ness.

"Can we just go?" Elena grumbled, grabbing the last of her things and didn't bother to wait for Brianna's reply as she went out the dorm, swooping seconds later into the common room, where she met up with Cedric and Jake, who looked like a mess right now. It was clear that someone had roughly woke him up.

"Where's Bri?" Jake asked, and Elena swore she saw a dust of pink across his cheeks but she dismissed it, concluding that she was just seeing things.

"Should be—"

"Elena Elizabeth Eve!"

"Is that your full name?" Jake asked, brow raised.

"No—"

"How dare you leave me alone—Jake! Speak of the devi—Cedric Diggory is here too." Brianna snarled at the boy. "Do me a favor Golden Boy," Brianna said, snarling as she did but Elena could see a thin layer of tears lining her eyes. "Sleep further away from us."

Brianna grabbed both her friends, eyes watering and she dragged them away, all the while Cedric furrowed his brow in confusion.

————☽•☾————

"𝙂ood practice today team, Brianna, I'd like a word." Cedric told the girl, who was already shaking her head. "Look, I know you hate me—don't know why—but if we actually want to win a single game this year, we'll have to put our differences aside."

"Can Elena stay? I don't feel comfortable around you." Said girl quickly shook her head, not wanting to stay behind because she knew things won't get nice when it included Brianna Kelps.

"Fine, rest of the team, go away." He calmly told the rest, who grumbled a bit. "Talk to me Brianna, where is the problem? Why don't you like me?"

Elena Eve had never ever seen her friend cry, she had never seen Brianna show any other emotion that wasn't happiness or anger and to say she was worried, shocked and scared when she saw Brianna cry, was an understatement. She was beyond worried, extremely terrified and utterly appalled.

"I like you Cedric! I fucking like you!" Brianna cried out, staring in Cedric's soft, warm brown eyes. "And I hate myself for it okay?! I know you'll just choose Cho over me, I know you'll gladly snog anyone that's not me and that's fine!" She huffed out, then tried to calm the river of tears falling. "I'm a Hufflepuff, an angel they say, well some of us are choking on our halos, ain't that fun?"

"Bri!" Elena cried out, rushing after her friend, who was storming away. Elena quickly mouthed an apology at Cedric, and she hastily threw down her broom on the floor. Once she caught up with Brianna, she was a sobbing mess and Elena internally panicked. "Breathe Bri, I'm here, I'll always be here."

"I'm sorry El, you shouldn't be dealing with stupid problems like mine while your aunt was here like a week ago." Brianna told her friend, wiping away the tears from her now red cheeks.

"Brianna Hestia Kelps, you're my best friend and even my aunt can't stand in my path when it comes to helping you." Elena sincerely told her and smiled when Brianna sent her a watery smile.

"Eve, and you're Kelps right?" Vega Lestrange came into view, twirling a lock of her shoulder length hair. Pansy was just behind her, with a bleeding Theodore and Elena's eyes went wide.

"What happened?" Elena asked, trying to help Theodore with the blood gushing out his nose.

"Draco and him had a row." Pansy replied, shrugging and Elena raised a brow at her. She knew the girl was loyal to Draco Malfoy and what she was doing here slightly baffled her. "Anyway, I need to check up on Draco."

Elena turned back to Theodore. "Are you okay?" She asked, concern clouding her voice and she felt Theodore tighten the grip he had on her arm.

"Just-just...." Theodore didn't finish, instead he walked off, following Pansy, Vega close behind and Elena felt her own eyes water. Brianna was right. They were angels, and they were busy choking on their halos.

————☽•☾————

┌is it weird that I actually really like this chapter even though Theodore basically told Elena to fuck off when in the last chapter he was a literal ray of sunshine? Anyway, prepare for more soft/murderous Theodore and just a butt load of drama 😉┘