𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter three | what i hate more

————☽•☾————

        "𝙒hat I hate more than Cedric being the new captain and bloody Astronomy, would be being a bloody girl and having to deal with the fountain of blood just pouring out of you there." Brianna and Elena were brushing their hair the following morning, well Elena was. Brianna was rummaging through her bag to find what she calls pillows that absorb blood.

Elena snorted. "Cedric Diggory is an excellent Seeker and will be an exceptional captain Bri. And Astronomy is only difficult because you're letting it be."

"But he's always so... happy." Brianna retorted, tossing her hair brush behind her.

"Am I sensing jealousy Miss Kelps?" Elena raised a brow.

"Oh please, if I were that happy, I would've exploded. Plus he's good looking, good looking guys are hardly happy, that's just not how it works. Ugly guys are the ones who are always happy, take my br—" She then shrieked. "I told my mum I don't need bloody pins! Honestly El, would you pack pins and needles for your thirteen year old?"

"That's bonkers."

"That woman is secretly trying to mur—finally! Found these wretched things! Save me a seat at the table, just far from Cedric and super far from—"

"Naya, got it!" Elena rushed her towards the bathroom and she herself quickly went out to grab her bag. Naya Bulstrode was just like her twin sister—huge and extremely mean. How she wound up in Hufflepuff whilst Millicent was in Slytherin was a miracle but Elena guessed the Sorting Hat saw some kindness in Naya that they didn't see. Just like every other member of the Sacred Twenty Seven, she put up a facade of a bitchy girl for people like Brianna Kelps and Elena Eve to judge.

Once she was out the dorm room and into the common room, she found Jake sitting on the mustard colored couch, along with Cedric Diggory. Elena knew if Brianna was here, she'd yell at her and act crazy, luckily she was here.

"Hey Jake, hello Cedric." Elena politely greeted them both, earning smiles from the boys.

"Hey El." Cedric said, beaming at the girl, who sported a grin of her own.

"Hello Elena, where's Brianna?" Jake asked, looking behind her and Elena sighed. Of course he'd ask for the one person who assaulted him. (Jake's dramatic words.)

"She's busy in the bathroom. I'm sure she'll be here any minute—"

"Elena!" That was Brianna, and yet another reason why she was embarrassing. Elena had blushed a red when Cedric raised a brow at her. "I need h—oh, hello Cedric Diggory."

"Hello Brianna, lovely day, isn't it?" Cedric asked, actual happiness in his voice, actual kindness in his voice. Elena felt bad for him because Brianna hated the boy for no reason at all. (If having a crush on him is a good enough reason, then that's maybe why she hates his guts. Every single girl would die to be with him and Brianna knew he wouldn't choose her over thousands of good looking girls. She knew he'd never choose her instead of Cho Chang, who was a literal Goddess whereas Brianna was just Brianna.)

"Lovely." Brianna hissed, then turned to Elena and Jake. "Let's go, breakfast is nearly over—"

"It's only starting now." Cedric pointed out and Brianna rolled her eyes, her back still towards Cedric.

"Lovely, really lovely Cedric." She rolled her eyes again. "Let's go." Brianna grabbed Elena's arm, who grabbed Jake just in time and they got pulled away from Cedric, who furrowed his brow in confusion but let a small smile wash over his face when Elena smiled at him just in time before Brianna dragged them out the common room. Elena now understood why Jake said Brianna assaulted him, the grip this child has.

Just as they rounded the corner that led into a hallway, Draco Malfoy appeared, along with his goons and Theodore and Blaise Zabini. Elena's breathing fastened, and Jake visibly paled beside her. Brianna, however, fueled by her encounter with Cedric and the mood swings Aunt Red brought, glared at the blonde and his minions.

"Malfoy." Brianna spat with venom dripping off the word. Elena saw Draco and Blaise grin. She knew this wasn't good, she knew this didn't mean good business. They had to leave. Now.

"Bri—let's go, he isn't worth it." Elena argued, pulling at her arm.

"He's never worth it." Jake pointed out, holding up a finger and pointed at Draco, who looked like he was going to snap Jake's finger.

"Be careful where you point that Hornby, I heard lost—how many fingers was it? Ten?" Draco raised a brow. Elena could see Brianna curl her fingers into a fist and she could literally feel the heat coming from her skin. She was absolutely fuming.

"Shut up dickward! You don't get to talk to Jake like that, only I do." Brianna growled. "This year Malfoy, I ain't gonna take shit from you!"

"My fath—"

"Your father is just as pathetic as you are! You go cry to him like a girl when she's fucking bleeding out her—"

"Brianna! Beep! Beep! Malfoy is not worth it! Let go!" Elena huffed out, shaking her head. "I know you're angry about Cedric and about that... one aunt but Malfoy just isn't worth it." She shook her head and she watched Brianna, who sighed and swallowed.

"You're right." She sighed again. "I hope you rot in hell." Brianna roughly said to Draco and rammed her shoulder into his, sending him back into Blaise, who caught him with ease.

Elena sighed, shaking her head. "Come in Jake, before Brianna destroys poor Naya." Elena and Theodore made eye contact, the boy having his brow furrowed in confusion as he stared at her. Elena blushed and grabbed Jake's hand before rushing after Brianna, who was already halfway to the Great Hall.

"This year is sure going to be interesting." Elena muttered to herself, noticing a shadowy figure float by the window. She had learned that a Dementor had boarded the train that day and not some random dude like she thought. And that Harry fainted, something Draco will never let go.

Elena turned her head when she heard footsteps behind her and she noticed that it was Theodore, minus Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise. She then began thinking that he might be here to insult her about the pimple that had just appeared out of nowhere that sat right atop her nose, proudly I dare say.

"You dropped this." Theodore calmly said, handing her a pale yellow envelope. Elena's heart quickened as she quickly grabbed her letter. She didn't even realize that she dropped her letter. How did it even get out her pocket?

"Thank you." She replied, her voice an octave higher. "That was—er—kind of you."

Theodore smirked at her. "You're welcome, I believe your friends are waiting for you?" He raised a brow and when Elena blushed, he smiled to himself.

"T-t-thank you again Theodore." Elena said, before brushing gently pass him. She only had one question in her mind now. Why the fuck is Theodore Nott suddenly everywhere?

————☽•☾————