𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘴

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter eleven | young gods

————☽•☾————

               𝙀lena stared at the boy in front of her. It was almost as though he'd become a new person after he shook Malfoy off, not that she didn't like the change, it slightly terrified her. Theodore had a skip in his step now, he somehow always has flowers to give her, a smile is etched upon his face every hour of the day and he even found some type of room where Elena and her friends, alongside Theodore, could sit and have a nice laugh. Elena Eve then figured that Theodore's change was for the best, slightly creepy but still for the best. They were seated in their secret room, which they (Brianna and Jake) named Thelena's Love Corner. It was a stupid name but Elena didn't have the energy to fight with her friends on that one, besides she found it slightly cute.

"Are you done staring El?" Theodore asked, smiling and Elena blinked, blushed and slightly chuckled.

"Sorry," She mumbled. "I couldn't help myself."

"I know, I'm very good looking." Theodore nodded to himself, the smile still thickly plastered upon his face. "Is it okay if I invite a friend? He's been dying to meet you since we first started going out. Properly meet you I mean."

Elena shrugged, as she figured he meant Blaise. She actually liked Blaise Zabini, as he never teased her or stood in her way. He only followed Draco around like a loyal lap dog, it was sad and Elena was glad Theodore broke free from the firm grip Malfoy had upon him. "Sure. Is it okay if I invite Cedric?"

Theodore visibly brightened. Out of all Elena's friends, he bonded the fastest with Cedric. She found them once passed out in the kitchen, mouths covered in a sickly amount of chocolate and fingers nonexistent underneath all that chocolate. Like Elena said, she liked this Theodore, very much, but it was slightly creepy. "That's fine with me, don't know about her." He nodded towards where Brianna was busy choking Jake and Elena gasped.

"Bri!" She cried out and Brianna reluctantly let go, glaring at the second year boy, who actually looked slightly happy with himself. "Why did you strangle him this time?" She asked, a sigh escaping her lips.

"When you guys began talking about Cedric," She stood up, a dust of pink coating her cheeks but it seemed as though she was ignoring it. "Fuckhead over here began telling me how much I should just fuck him. You're twelve Jake! Twelve!"

"And this is why I should've never helped you up Jake and why I should have never untangled your limbs from that tree Bri." Elena sighed. It was true, despite sharing a dorm, the girls weren't friends at first. They officially become friends when they had their first flying lesson in their first year. Harry Potter had obviously been the first to get his broom in his hand, but the girls were close behind. When Madam Hooch took Neville Longbottom to the Hospital Wing, Brianna decided to fly around the castle, and because Elena had feared for her safety even though they weren't friends that time, she followed her. Brianna had crashed into a tree and Elena helped her detangle herself. That's how the beautiful friendship started.

"I never asked you to follow me El, that's on you." Brianna shrugged, skipping towards them and grabbed a muffin from the basket Theodore held firmly in his arms.

"That's my food!" Theodore had growled, playfully glaring at Brianna who shrugged again, breaking the muffin in half to give Jake, who said he wanted a muffin but not the entire thing.

"Not anymore Theo." Brianna winked at him, summoning the basket towards her and Theodore blinked, not expecting it. Elena laughed at his facial expression and Theodore looked over to her, face relaxing and he smiled. He wished he had befriended her in their first year, maybe she would trust him with her secrets. Maybe he'd know about those gnarly scars underneath her robes, maybe he'd know why her aunt tried to murder her. But in that moment as he looked at Elena laughing, smile plastered on his lips and eyes slightly watering, he felt happy. He felt like a god, a young god to be exact. And Elena Eve was his goddess.

————☽•☾————

            "𝙃e's not going to suddenly murder me right?" Elena asked that night as she wrung her fingers. Theodore gently slapped her hand before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"You're stressing for nothing. Blaise won't murder you." Theodore assured her though he could see the uncertainty shine in her brown eyes. "Hey, look at me." He gently said, fingers gently grabbing her chin and he forced her to look into his dark eyes. "Do you think I would leave Blaise to murder you?"

Elena sighed, then a smile appeared on her lips. "Not intentionally I suppose." She giggled when Theodore gasped at her.

"Miss Eve! I am hurt!" Elena's giggles soon grew into a full and booming laughter. She had to clutch her stomach, for it began paining due to her laughter. "Even if Snape said he wants to murder you, I'd stand in his way."

"That's sweet but we both know you'd run away. He's scary."

"No El, I wouldn't run away. Do you know why?" Elena shook her head. "Because I love you. A lot." Elena stared at Theodore for a long time, breath caught in her throat. They've never told each other that they love each other, as there was never any need.

Elena blinked, breathed and smiled at Theodore. "I love you too. A lot."

Before Theodore could reply, they heard voices arguing with one another and Theodore sighed, knowing exactly who the voices belonged to. Blaise and Pansy Parkinson came into view, with Vega Lestrange behind them, groaning as she did.

"Nott, save me." Vega moaned, then her dark eyes landed on Elena, who shrunk underneath her stare. "You must be Elena Eve." She said, extending her hand and Elena gulped. "Vega Lestrange." Then she smiled and Elena slowly relaxed.

"Nice to meet you Vega." She replied, voice small and the bickering pair finally noticed them.

"Eve, it's nice to finally meet you. Pansy Parkinson." She firmly shook her hand.

"I—um—I'm actually Elena, my surname is Eve, I get that a lot." Elena blushed when Blaise and Vega each raised a brow at her. "Sorry...." She whispered, beginning to wring her fingers again and Theodore slapped her hands.

"I knew that." Pansy said, shrugging. Blaise then stepped forward, a smirk playing on his carefully crafted lips. "But it's more fun calling you Eve rather Elena, why didn't your parents name you Eve? Hey, why didn't my parents name me Eve? Eve Parkinson, got a nice ring to it. Don't you think?"

"Don't mind Pansy. I believe we met before, but I never got the chance to properly introduce myself. I'm Blaise Zabini." Blaise clasped his cold hand in Elena's and she shook it, a tiny smile growing on her face. This year is really not going to be so bad after all.

————☽•☾————

┌me rn : 🤓┘