Prologue

"The House Of Snakes"

       Perfect and pristine, Achilles Silverthorn was to be nothing but. She had a reputation to think of, after all, her mother would have her head if anything ruined their reputation. A reputation is all someone has, it determines what others think of you and ultimately determines what we think of ourselves. At least that's what Helena Silverthorn lives by and that's exactly how she brought up her daughter. Achilles Silverthorn is a very complex young lady, she can smile so bright it would light up a room and then yell at you until your ears bleed. She looked every bit of her mother, with rich caramel skin, thick, long, curly black hair, and identical beauty marks on the back of their necks. However, her eyes are what separated mother and daughter. Her whiskey brown eyes that could hold you captive and have you begging for more, were a trait she received from her father. Peleus Silverthorn is not a man to be messed with. He is very well known and holds great power within the government.

       Achilles never cared much for politics, she hated them. She didn't understand the lust for power and control. Perhaps that's why she was almost sorted into Ravenclaw. The sorting hat was very keen on thinking that it would be a perfect fit for her. But generations of her family, on her father's side, were Slytherins. If she was to make him proud, she would belong to the house of snakes and so she did. There she met many people offering friendship and many who wanted to use her for her status. She also became very aware of just how important some hold their blood status. Muggles, Half-Bloods, and Purebloods, it never mattered to her. She never cared too much for status but she knew she had to stray away from certain people to keep her reputation pristine.

       She felt as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders, not knowing another in a very similar situation felt the exact same way. Yet, he'd never admit to it, and neither would she. They didn't despise each other, but they weren't exactly friends. Oh, how things in the house of snakes would shake and how they would rise in conflict together.