(Ch.31) Date with Shinsou

Start from the beginning

"Are you saying that your date with Monoma wasn't a date Princess?"

"Well...I mean it was, but it definitely doesn't compare to this. With the music, the food, and the beautiful scenery. This is new to me. I've never had a date like this."

"Never?" He asked

"Well you tell me, is having to drink tea and eat cookies with princesses from other kingdoms count as a date?" I asked

"I could say that drinking tea with other men surely does count as a date depending if he asked you to or it was obligatory to do so."

"Yeah, they were all obligatory. And in the end, I shoo them off away back to their lands." I did a gesture with my left/right hand and this caused a slight chuckle from Shinsou.

"What's so funny?" I stopped eating and looked at him instead.

He also stopped eating to look into my eyes.

"Nothing, I just like your facial expressions. They are very ugly!" He began to laugh

"Excuse you!?" I said very loud that the violinist stopped playing his instrument.

"What you said! Take it back!"

"But why should I? It's true!" He said

"You-"

"And that's what I like about you"

I stopped mid-sentence of what I was going to say, only to hear words that warmed my heart and frozen my mind.

I sat back down not realizing that seconds ago I was standing up.

I motioned the violinist to keep playing and he did.

"Is that a compliment?" I asked taking in some water to calm myself down.

"Not really but if you want to see it that way, sure go ahead." He said taking in the last spoon of soup.

The assistance noticed Shonsou's empty plate and asked him if he could take it away or if Shinsou would like some more.

As for me, I was almost done.

"Princess, may I ask a question?"

"We are not going to play the question game are we?" I said glaring at him a little

"No, let's have a normal talk this time just like we are doing"

"Great! You may proceed with your question then" I said eating from my soup.

"Who are you trying to eliminate by the end of this dating game?"

"Gak!" I was choking with the water I was drinking

*Cough* Cough* I was coughing very loud that caught Shinsou's attention and the assistant as well. Both were trying to help me but I shoo them off away.

"I-I'm *cough* okay *cough* *cough*" I had to spit some of the water to the floor and some into my dress.

Shinsou handed me a napkin to clean myself

"I guess I shouldn't have asked that if it was going to make you spit out the water" I glared intensely at Shinsou from the other side of the table.

The chef then brought another dish and then some dessert. Shinsou and I would make questions to each other but not about the contest. More about him since I also didn't know him well.

He told me about his family and the farm they own. Shinsou used to be a farm boy. I was not expecting that from him.

The violinist would also take breaks from playing the violing but when he began to play Shinsou said, "Princess Y/N would you like to dance"

I accepted and took his hand to guide me to the back of the kiosk where a small dancefloor was illuminated with soft yellow lights and roses around it.

It was a Waltz and we dance to it. My heart was beating for this guy. Forgetting everything around us. Only he and I dancing to the waltz that filled our ears with a sweet melody as we swayed.

"Aizawa has taught you all well," I said as he swayed me around.

"He made us dance with another guy. Each one of us taking turns of being you."

"Hahaha! Oh my, he did! That is typical of Aizawa. I wish I could have seen that. All of you were probably uncomfortable with each other and stepping on each other's feet."

"Yeah, especially a dude named Izuku and this other one named Iida. They were the ones who were having a tough time. " He chuckled a bit and so did I.

The music had stopped and we both gave our thanks for the dance. Shinsou grabbed my right hand kissed it lightly.

"May I escort you to your room?" he asked

" What about the contract?" I whispered in his ear for no one to hear.

" Can't we discuss it in your room?"

"Um no, I think it would be better if we talk about it here. I'll just dismiss them so they don't hear our conversation. Also, I don't want no one in my room at this hour since it is kind of late."

"Alright, you are the princess after all. "

He agreed and I dismissed everyone who attended us to our dinner.

It was now me and Shinsou once again alone.

To be continued...