I wound my arms around his neck and tugged him back to my mouth, not ready for the moment to end. Bren got the picture, smiling against me as he continued our kiss. I slid my tongue along the edges of his parted lips, and Bren caught it, sucking gently.

A moan slipped from me, vibrating between our pressed mouths. And then Bren took that moment to flex his hips, and I moaned even louder as his erection rubbed between my legs.

He leaned back, and I blinked up at his dark, smiling eyes. His hand cupped over my mouth, covering it as he whispered, "Sh, baby."

But even as he said the words, he moved again—grinding into me. And god, it felt good.

Bren didn't move his hand, seeming to know that I wouldn't be able to keep quiet if he did. Instead, he bent down and murmured against my ear. "I like the way you look in my clothes." His other hand tugged at the bottom hem of his black t-shirt before slipping beneath it to graze fingers along my bare waist.

Well, I liked the way it felt to be in his clothes, so that was good.

Trailing kisses down my neck, Bren said, "I like the way you woke me up, too. I'll have to sleep in more often."

I wanted to tell him that this was hardly considered sleeping in. I didn't know what time it was, but it must still be early. I couldn't say anything though. Not with Bren's hand firmly over my mouth. So I just stared at him as he pulled back, hovering above me.

He looked down, our eyes connecting. His were soft, traces of drowsiness still there. But they were also brimming with...something.

"You know what else I like?" His voice was a husky murmur that had me squirming me beneath him. He smirked, knowing. "You."

And then he started laughing, chuckling to himself. He shook his head, messy hair flopping about. "No, wait. That's not right."

Hey, now. I raised my brows and nipped at the inside of his palm.

A smile stretched across his entire face in a truly rare sight for my moody boy. And then he dipped his head, resting it against mine.

Bren's lips grazed the back of his hand as his voice dropped to say, "That's not right because I—" He jerked his hips into mine. "—fucking—" He did it again, and I couldn't keep my eyelids from fluttering as I moaned into his hand. His eyes flared, darkening as he briefly bit his bottom lip. "—love—" His breathing was harsh now, his voice gravelly. He thrust against me one more time, and I bucked up to meet him, suddenly wishing I wasn't wearing Bren's clothes at all. "—you," he finished, gasping a little.

Bren's hand fell away, his lips replacing the job of covering my mouth as he gave me a quick, intense kiss. "I fucking love you," he whispered, the words brushing over me as I shivered.

But then Bren disappeared, flopping back onto the bed.

Hell no. That wasn't going to work for me.

I crawled on top of Bren. His arms were already thrown back, framing either side of his head on the pillow. I seized both wrists, pinning them there. Bren's eyes grew wide as he stared up at me. "Madeline..."

And then his eyes narrowed, and I couldn't help but smile. Straddling him just right, I enjoyed the way that every single conflicted thought played out on his face. I rolled my body slowly over his, leaning down to breath, "I fucking love you too, Bren Hadaway."

His eyes rolled back. "Oh my god, Madie. We can't—fuck." He exhaled slowly as his eyes flicked up to the ceiling. Finally, he choked out, "Caroline's room is across the hall, and I bet she's still sleeping."