Chapter Thirteen

I was floating, but I didn't remember using my powers. I opened my eyes. That was strange.

My room was still white. Was this the place where awful people go when they die? Because I was an awful person. But this place was awfully white for Hell.

And I wasn't in pain anymore. If I died, then you have no pain. 'Cause your corpse can't feel pain. Was there an after-life? I wasn't even sure. I heard someone talking about it once, but I didn't really pay attention. I probably should have. That could have helped me determine where I was.

I started laughing. I didn't know why. Nothing was particularly funny. Except for the fact I had no idea where I was.

But if the person that was talking about the afterlife was alive, then they couldn't have died. They didn't know what the afterlife was like. Why did they talk like the afterlife like they knew what it was?

"Am I dead?" I said, by this time shaking with laughter.

"You almost died. Does that count?' a voice said. I jumped, not seeing who was there even though I looked around.

"Where are you?" I said.

"You're really loud when you're high, did you know that?" the voice said.

"I can kill you?" I said, but it ended in a question mark because I had some leather straps around my middle. I tried to focus my powers on the straps to break out and find the person, but they wouldn't break.

"You probably shouldn't do that," The voice said, "You could hurt yourself,"

I was going to kill the voice when I found it. Or maybe I shouldn't. I had already killed so many people, so it probably wasn't a very good idea. Not good. I didn't really want to kill a lot of people.

"I forgot killing people," I said out loud, just to remind myself.

"How do you forget killing people? Look left," I looked left. I heard the voice sigh.

"Your other left," the voice said. I looked to my other left. There were more than two lefts?

To my other left, there was a man with a weird beard, looking tired. I remembered that he was short for some reason.

"You need sleep, short man," I said. The short man looked at me strangely.

"I'm not short," he said. But he was lying, I saw it with my eyes.

"I saw it with my," I pointed to my eye.

"Eye?" the man said slowly.

Oh, my arms were free.

"Yes, they are free, mostly because your wrists are still healing," Wow, a mind reader.

"I'm not reading your mind, you're just saying all this stuff out loud,"

If you're really not a mind reader, what am I thinking. Apples should be called reds.

"Kid, you're insane," the man said, shaking his head.

"What's on my wrists?" I asked, lifting my arms up to eye level.

"Those are bandages, because you decided to slit your wrists," I gaped at him.

"I tried to kill myself?'

"Yes,"

"Did I die?"

"What do you think?"

I waited a minute to answer, before saying;

"Yes," The man put his face to his hands.

"You didn't die kid. But what I want to know is why you even tried in the first place," I got serious all of a sudden.