CHAPTER 9 (a lovely mess)

You were sitting next to Iwazumi on the couch, Iwazumi snoring a little while you sat in a fetal position watching a cheesy hallmark Christmas movie. You were so deep in thought, being alone at this hour with your thoughts made you think. As you sat on the edge of the couch, hugging your knees and watching the steam rise from your hot chocolate, you felt Iwazumi stirring next to you. you turned to him, seeing him now sitting up on the couch.

"Y/N? It's late. You should get some sleep." He said in a groggy voice.

"I can't sleep." You simply said.

Iwazumi turned off the tv and picked you up, throwing you over his shoulder. You were surprised, but you didn't move. He sat you down on his bed.

"You can sleep in here. It's comfortable." He said. You couldn't deny that the bed was just asking to be laid in.

"Iwa, this is your house. I'm not tired anyways." You said.

"You're obviously tired Y/N. Don't try to keep yourself up." He said in a caring tone.

You both stayed silent for a minute. A comfortable silence. You then wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled onto the bed. He caught himself just before falling on top of you, your faces inches apart.

"Maybe this is too soon," Iwazumi started, "But I think I really love you. I want to be with you." Iwazumi's face was still inches away from yours.

You looked at him in shock. You didn't know if this was really happening. It came so suddenly?

"I-I'm sorry," Iwazumi got off of you. "That was stupid. I shouldn't have trapped you like that." You rushed to grab his arm and stop him before he walked to the door.

"No! Don't apologize. I feel the same way. I just didn't expect you to say it." You looked at him with a wide grin.

"You know," You started. "We won't be picture perfect. we're both stubborn and think like rocks. Are you sure you don't want to take it back?" You said, sitting back down on the bed.

"I'm sure. As long as we love each other we'll be okay." He looked at you lovingly. Before you knew it, you and Iwazumi we're sharing a warm kiss. It wasn't long but it got the point across.

"I have another monster in the fridge if you want it." Iwazumi laughed.