"Oh, great," Suki groaned. "Someone catch-" She started to yell toward his section as he foamed profusely at the mouth and then promptly fainted. "-him."

"What just happened?" Toph asked, frowning.

"He foamed at the mouth like...a lot and dropped like a rock," Katara said, ignoring the surly glance Suki sent her way.

"Kinky. Did he do that in bed?" Toph asked.

Avizeh blew a kiss toward his section, winking. She would probably enjoy this sort of attention, Katara considered.

The announcer had hardly called the beginning of the fight before Avizeh was dramatically waving her white flag.

Fastest fight so far.

"Uhm...Lu Ten wins?" Even the announcer seemed unsure.

As Avizeh walked away, head held high and zero sense of regret to her actions, Katara hummed in thought. Katara had previously thought of Avizeh as cowardly to not even try, but there was some strength in knowing your limits and going out in a way people would remember.

"Three out, four in?" Katara counted off. "Wow, girls are really dropping fast." Considering it had felt like eons since someone had been cut from the competition, even three going home - and likely more before the day was up - would be an abrupt shake-up of the palace.

Caecillia came out next; she was holding her body taut. Everything about her seemed pulled-back and stern-looking. Her hair was slicked into a bun, her clothes were reminiscent of a Fire Nation military uniform, and her chin was held high. Before her contender walked out, she bowed to Ursa, sitting in the place of Fire Nation Royalty. Then, she turned, bowing to someone else in the crowd. Katara followed her gaze and found what she assumed to be Cillia's family. There was her mother, her father, a brother or a cousin, and a woman that could be an aunt or a grandma. They were all sitting stoically, frowning. There were no warm calls or encouragement. They were wearing worn finery. It reminded Katara of Ratana's parents; though there was an important distinction. Ratana's mother and father wore the remains of nicer things because they cared more about their people. Cillia's parents were desperately hanging onto a thread of connection to the Royal Family, even if those styles had gone out when Aang was born. They looked like a knock-off version of the Royal Family, or a family that a circus manager might hire to pass off as Zuko and his kin.

"Can't be all Fire Nation, or else how'd their hair get so auburn?" Maiha whispered to Kilee.

"Probably best," Yue broke in, "Inbreeding and all."

Cillia was facing Aang, who walked out and tugged nervously on both his bandana and fingerless gloves. Katara bit her lip. Beside her, Toph lessened her jibes too, stiffening at Aang's name announced overhead. While he'd been parading around with the Royal Family for years, that hardly meant that this was a good idea. In fact, this could be catastrophic.

Sure he'd fought one fight with Saoirse, but there hadn't been much of a chance Saoirse could win, or reveal something accidentally. There was no telling with someone much more seasoned, like Cillia.

Their fight was surely interesting. Katara had never seen the Fire Nation Militia in proper formation, but she had to assume it was close to what Cillia was exhibiting. She was reserved and methodical, brutally so, almost like Lu Ten had been fighting. Aang was no master in Fire Nation form. He was trying hard not to make his technique seem like airbending moves as Iroh had done, and he was the least trained in the military-style, despite his short stint in classes.

Katara had thought that Aang may have the upper-hand, being that his element was one of change. The winds changed as the tide did; a fire was more aggressive, harder to move once it began, but there was strength in Cillia's way. It was like they were both running a race. Cillia was so steadfast that it seemed silly that she would not win out, not compared to Aang who was just trying to keep his head above water.