Chapter Two: Henry

Of course it would be Ray. I run up to his window, eyes blazing. Charlotte pulls me back." You could have given me a heart attack!" Ray rolls his eyes. "This is a serious situation. I need you two in the car." Something in Ray's expression makes the blood stop roaring in my ears. Charlotte and I slide into the back of the car. The ride is unusually silent and Charlotte stares at her feet the entire ride. When we walk into Junk N' Stuff, Gooch isn't standing there. His plant seems to be standing guard. We go down the heinous elevator and Charlotte and I are thrown into an awkward embrace. "Uh..sorry." I mumble. "It's fine." She turns to Ray. "If the situation is so bad, why did you waste all that time teasing us?" Ray shrugged. "After what I've witnessed, I needed a laugh. Also, you guys were taking too long walking." I stop short. "What did you witness? How bad is it?" He clicks on the screen. "This is how many people are currently living in Swellview." The website reads 39,795. '"I doubt there's that many people in Swellview." Charlotte mutters. I smirk in agreement. Ray glares at us. He refreshes the page. There are suddenly 39,695. Charlotte puckers her brow. "Wait, a hundred people disappeared in a minute. How long has this been going on?" Ray stares into space then turns to me and Charlotte, his expression grim. "So far all we know is there's a man who collects people. He rounds up a hundred people each night and ships them off to this place." He clicks the button and a picture of an underwater metallic cavern pops up. "Why would he collect people?" I ask. Ray frowns in thought. "You''ll figure that out when you and Charlotte go on a mission to bring the good citizens of Swellview back home."

"We're going on a mission?!" Charlotte asks. 

"Yes, I just said that."

"Um no. We, Henry and I, are on summer vacation. Why can't you do this?"

Ray sighs. "I need you guys to check this place out. You getting caught is better than me getting caught because no one knows Henry is Kid Danger." I whipped around. "Wait, did this people collector take Gooch and Schwoz?!" Charlotte looks similarly panicked. "I wish he took Schwoz but nah, he's just sleeping. Gooch has been captured, unfortunately. But you'll get him back. Don't worry all your equipment is in order." I'm calming down when Ray snaps a watch on me. "This is a waterproof watch, so I can contact you at any point in time.  Charlotte scowls. "Today," She growls. "We have to get in some weird contraption to explore the seven seas today." We looked at each other. Charlotte was wearing a tank top and Elmo pajama bottoms. I had haphazardly tossed on a shirt with various stains and the pants with a hole near the crotch. I run my hands over my face while we allow ourselves to be led to a submarine type thing in varying degrees of dress for the sake of Swellview.