We didn't know how long we have Kat with us, but we wanted to make the most out of it. Plus, it reminds me of when I lived with Nate and Pat. The guys moved our stuff to the other house, then pranks ensued. We girls sat with Pat as we watched them.

"Was this how it was when you lived with the guys?" Marcy asked me.

"Oh, it was worse," I said as the demon twins tackled Nolan.

"Say uncle," Nathan ordered.

"Not on your life," Nolan grunted.

"Say it," Noah said, smacking Nolan across the head.

"Get off me, you cow! What the hell has Marcy been feeding you? You weigh a ton!" Nolan yelled at Noah.

"You just mad that my wife cooks for me," Noah retorted.

Nash walked over and yanked Noah off of Nolan as Nixon did the same thing with Nathan.

"Knock it off!" Nash ordered.

"Yeah, sure thing, Nashville," Noah remarked.

Nash and Noah fought as Pat got up and walked over, grabbing them both by the earlobes. She yanked on them.

"Ow, ow, ow," Nash and Noah yelped.

"You both are grown-ass men. Act like it," Pat told them.

"Ma, language," Nixon mentioned.

Pat let go of Nash and Noah and walked towards Nixon. "You listen to me, Nixon Richard Gray. Don't you ever scold me about my language? I'm ninety-eight years old. If I want to swear, I will swear!" She snapped, waving her finger at Nixon.

"I've never seen Pat so colorful," Marcy mentioned with surprise.

"Eh, who gives a shit. Our husbands deserve it," Macey said, flipping through a magazine.

I smiled as I shook my head. It reminds me of our trip to Hawaii after we graduated high school. That was a fun trip.

********
Elias

Owen and I snuck out of the house since the adults became distracted with family showing up. We walked along the beach as the moonlight hit the water.

"Our senior year will kick ass, then off to college," Owen told me.

"It'll be different, but not bad," I reasoned.

"That's if you talk to girls instead of avoiding them."

"I talk to girls."

Owen arched an eyebrow at me.

"When the girls aren't acting dumb."

Owen chuckled as I rolled my eyes. "Elias, you had one girlfriend, and she was a dud. April wasn't all that. She was nothing at all," Owen remarked.

I snickered. Owen hated April. I couldn't blame him. Since I had a chance to distance between April and me, I didn't understand what I saw in her. Well, my parents said to give my toys to someone less fortunate, so I did.

"What are you going to do about Conner when you get back?"

"Nothing. Conner can have my sloppy seconds." I shrugged. I didn't care if I hurt someone's feelings that deserved it. I'm not into games with girls.

We walked along the beach for a while, then went back to the house. I walked over to a chair and sat down, flinging my legs over the armrest. My brothers argued about something stupid again.

Owen laid down on the couch as I heard the cousins chasing after each other. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I looked up to see Dad. He pointed at my ears.

"I have my hearing aids on," I said.

"Good because I need to tell you something," Dad said, sitting down.

Before Dad said anything, Owen sat up and looked confused. I peeked around the chair to see Kaxon standing there, looking heartbroken. Dad looked at Owen. "Get your dad."

Owen got up and ran upstairs as I sat up. Dad got up and walked over to Kaxon, who cried. Mason came downstairs with the others as he walked over to Kaxon.

"Nana passed away," Kaxon said, wiping his eyes.

"What?" Mason asked.

I watched Kaxon as he nodded, and Mason hugged him. I sat there as I watched everyone comfort Kaxon. Mom walked over to me.

"Elias," mom said with concern.

I turned off my hearing aids and got up, leaving the room. I hated hearing about people dying. People should live forever, not die. I left the house and walked. I didn't have any destination in mind, just moved.

I found a spot on the beach and sat down. I stared at the water, feeling the calmness and noticing the silence. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder. I glanced to see Dad and turned on my hearing aids. He sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry. I hate hearing about a family member dying," I told Dad.

"I know, but unfortunately, it's part of life," Dad told me.

"A sucky part."

"Yeah, it is. Grandpa told me that Aunt Kat became sick this past winter. After the doctors ran tests, they found out she had ovarian cancer."

"Couldn't they doctors operated?"

"If they would have caught it early, but it was too late."

"It's not fair, Dad. No one should have to lose a family member."

"I know."

I like Uncle Nixon and Aunt Kat. They never treated me differently and neither did the rest of the family. I look at my family and hope I have the kind of love they have the person in their life. Maybe one day, I would.