Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Hawkins' voice, as my eyes opened, I noticed a half empty beer bottle in my hand. 

"Wakey wakey! Rise and shine! It's go time!" She yelled out. Jake was sitting across from me, Paxton was trailing behind Hawkins. 

"Go time? What time is go time?" Jake asked sleepily, his head jolting up. 

"I said I'd keep you in mind, remember? Welp, we got a job." 

"What job?" I ask. 

"We're robbing a bank," Paxton starts. "We always party the night before. Keeps us loose. Here are your masks." He says, tossing us two rubber masks. Jake and I share a glance.

"Great, awesome. Obviously we're on board. Just one thing, if Rosa doesn't eat breakfast she's a real bear. Plus, I should go home.... take a shower. Gots to watch my Michael and Kelly!" Jake says, trying to laugh off his concern. 

"We go now." Hawkins demands. 

"Sure, totally. Groban's filling in anyway. Let's go rob a bank!" Jake cheers. 

****

Jake and I sit alone in the back of a van as we travel to the bank. Hawkins tells us that when we get there, we have to go hard and fast. Jake and I are in charge of crowd control while she handles the vault. After she slams the van door shut, Jake turns to me. 

"Hey, what do we do? We can't call for backup, we gave them our phones." 

"We don't have our phones, but we have a phone. I picked it up at the bar last night." I say, pulling an iPhone out of my pocket. 

"I cannot figure you out, but I love it." Jake says. "Alright, let me text Holt." He says. 

****

"I just received a text from Peralta I need everyone in full tactical gear in three minutes! Move move move!" Captain Holt says, walking out of his office. 

****

Y/N's POV

I was picking up Lila from preschool when my phone went off. It was a notification from a random number. 

To: Y/N

From: Unknown Number

I love you. - Rosa

My heart began to beat out of my chest. I had no idea what was happening, she didn't even get home last night, nor did she answer any of my calls. But hearing her, "hearing" .... it made me feel a little better. 

I grabbed Lila's things from the hook in the school hallway and rushed home with her as soon as I could. 

****

Rosa's POV

"Everybody DOWN!" I demand, holding a rifle. Jake is beside me doing the same as Hawkins and Paxton run to the back of the bank. 

"I wanna see your hands!" I yell. 

****

"Look alive, squad. We don't have much time." 

"If anything happens to Jake, I'll never forgive myself. My last words to him were, 'No, you're the man!" 

"That actually sounds pretty nice, Boyle." Terry said. 

"Nice isn't good enough, sir!" 

****

"Peralta, cops!" I say, turning to Jake after I hear the sirens coming from outside the bank. 

"Yes!" He says to himself. "I mean... OH NO WHAT A BUMMER, THE POLICE!" 

"NYPD, hands up! Weapons down!" A police officer in full gear barks. 

Jake and I pull our masks off in relief. "Great work, boys. We're cops." He says, looking around. "Where's Captain Holt?" 

"Who's Captain Holt? I don't know a Captain Holt..." The police officer says, still pointing his gun at us. 

"We're NYPD officers, this is an undercover operation." 

"That's a lie, Peralta." Hawkins says, strolling over to us, also in full tactical gear. "You're the Golden Gang. We've been onto you for weeks, but we finally got you."

"Hawkins? How did you get over there? Who are they?" Jake asks, gesturing towards the two other bank robbers we thought were Hawkins and Paxton. 

"You tell me," she says as two other officers rip off their masks. "They're your crew." 

"They got us, Jake. It's over." One of them says. 

"What is going on?! I've never seen them before!" Jake panics. 

"Great job, everyone! We finally got the Golden Gang." 

They put us in handcuffs, guiding us to the bank's main entrance. 

"Get them out of my sight. Dirty cops make me sick!"