CH 22. A Different Type of Feeling

Mulai dari awal

"Yeah. I don't know, the way everyone talks about sex I thought it would be more satisfying, that maybe I'd feel different after. I mean why else would everyone be trying to shag each other all the time? Maybe it was just nerves from it being the first time," I told her, looking down at my teacup.

"Are you guys okay?" She asked me as she brushed a strand of hair behind my ears so she could see my face.

"Mmm, I can't tell him I love him. Not in good conscious anyway, and he caught onto that. Both of our families think we're rushing things a bit, so we're going to take the summer to get some space," I told her.

"How do you feel about that?" She asked me, sounding sad.

"You know it's weird, I've wanted to be with him for as long as I can remember. But things have felt off center for a while now. Like maybe it's not what I really want anymore," I said and took a break to look her in the eye. "Tell me I'm completely wonky? I mean that's Cedric Diggory!" I said to her after hearing just how indecisive I sounded.

"I mean you hit the nail right on the head, that is Cedric Diggory, even I hate you a bit," She said and laughed easing the mood. "When did things start to feel off?" She asked me.

I thought about it for a moment. Really trying to think about what had set my heart aside. And I knew. As much as I hated to admit it, and give the words life, I knew. "When I kissed your brother," I said.

~Fred's POV~

I threw a towel at George's face. We had slept well past 11, everyone was gone, Ginny and mum were probably downstairs, so I helped myself to a shower. George needed to get up, we had a lot of new plans to work on today, more products to perfect.

"Mmm, ten more minutes," George groaned from his bed.

"I'm heading down to see if Ginny hasn't finished all the milk. Get up you git!" I said before going down the stairs. "Morning mum," I said to mum as I saw her sitting in her knitting chair.

"Good morning sweetheart," She said barely looking up at me.

I walked towards the kitchen and heard Ginny talking to a familiar voice. My favorite voice as a matter of fact. Before bursting through the door, I listened in on what they were saying. They were speaking at a normal volume, so I didn't think it would be too bad to eavesdrop.

"I don't know, the way everyone talks about sex I thought it would be more satisfying, that maybe I'd feel different after. I mean why else would everyone be trying to shag each other all the time? Maybe it was just nerves from it being the first time," Elodie said.

So that was it, she had let him deflower her. I had no right to be mad, they'd spent the entirety of the last year together. She made it clear that I myself had missed my chance with her. Yet, I still found myself feeling, I don't know, betrayed? Hurt?

"Are you guys okay?" Ginny asked her.

"I can't tell him I love him. Not in good conscious anyway, and he caught onto that. Both of our families think we're rushing things a bit, so we're going to take the summer to get some space," Elodie said and I felt my heart stutter.

"How do you feel about that?" Ginny asked her in a calm voice. The kind a doctor uses on their patients when treading treacherous grounds.

"You know it's weird, I've wanted to be with him for as long as I can remember. But things have felt off center for a while now. Like maybe it's not what I really want anymore. Tell me I'm completely wonky? I mean that's Cedric Diggory!" Elodie said.

She was having doubts. She wasn't sure she wanted to be with golden boy after all, but why? The last time she had talked to me about him was that night in the common room. And she had made it perfectly clear that they were together. Had something changed since that talk? Or in the short week we'd been away from the castle. Had he used her and changed his mind? Bloody hell if that were the case, I'd beat him to a pulp.