Kakyoin groaned, "I don't wanna go to school..."

"You don't have to."

"I don't wanna do school work..."

"You have to do that one."

Kakyoin stared at the ceiling with a sigh. He looked on the bright side, he would get to spend some time with Jotaro that isn't just sitting there and running out of things to actually talk about. Besides, he kinda needed something to do besides play video games or draw, he wanted to put his brain to work.

...

Another hour passed, and Jotaro looked at the clock. It was only about the 5th period, so he still had time to grab some extra work. He just hoped Holly wouldn't be mad that he skipped school again. But he knew he'd make it up to her.

He listened for the rain, and it sounded just like normal rain. He looked back over to Kakyoin, who had fallen asleep not too long ago. He stood up, taking his now dry gakuran and throwing it over his shoulder, as well as grabbing his bag.

He was about to leave, but instead turned around and walked over to Kakyoin. He leaned down, placing a kiss on Kakyoin's forehead, then proceeding to turn around and leave. 

He walked outside the hospital, waving goodbye to the nurses that had grown familiar to him and his visits.

With the words of what Kakyoin said about Polnareff, he no longer had fear over losing his friendship. As long as he was able to get ahold of him and talk to him, he would be able to get him back. It also wouldn't be that hard to get Kakyoin to do it for him, but he didn't want to do that unless Polnareff refused to talk to him completely. 

He arrived at school shortly after, right at passing period, so he headed straight to his 6th period, which was mathematics. He walked into class, and his teacher nodded at him in acknowledgment of his arrival. "Kujo, nice to see you back in school. Take a seat anywhere you'd like."

Jotaro, unlike usual, took a seat at the very front of the classroom, pulling out a notebook and pencil, writing down everything that was already up on the chalkboard. The teacher was surprised at Jotaro's sudden change in mood towards learning. But they weren't complaining.

About 2 minutes pass and all of the class is seated and teaching began.

Jotaro raised his hand for the first time since middle school in that class. He started asking questions, answering questions, and engaging in the learning process. He asked for the teacher to elaborate on things or go over them again if he didn't understand, and ask questions about the equations. 

The teacher was very surprised, to say the least. Especially when Jotaro asked for extra work after class.

Jotaro thanked the teacher and took the extra work, walking out the door instead of the window for once.

Before Jotaro would make his way back to the hospital, he walked home instead to spend some time with his mother. Or just doing his own homework and studying. He walked inside, kicking off his shoes and adjusting them neatly on the floor. "I'm home," he looked up, waiting to see Holly round the other corner, but he got no response. "mom?"

He placed down his bag, stepping forward and looking down the hall for any sights of her. When he didn't see anyone, he started walking down the hall to his room, slight concern beginning to crawl up his spine. 

He heard faint talking from one of the rooms, and knocked. "Come in!" Jotaro's shoulders relaxed as Holly's voice chimed from the other side. He walked inside, stopping when he saw Polnareff sitting with Joseph and Holly.