१३. Latibule

A/N: Double update coz it's my birthday today and why not? Kind of my treat *wink*

"Chotimaa please..." Yudhisthir pleaded for what it seemed for the hundredth time.

Yudhisthir couldn't help but feel guilty. He never meant to eavesdrop to such a private conversation. He was also a private person who sometimes bottled up his feelings for other's sake and thus, he could know how one's privacy matters. Madri at last spoke her mind to Draupadi, after everything she went through. He wished feverently that he could retrace his steps and better, shove his head to a hole.

Draupadi sighed. Why was she stuck in a hell-bent awkward situation? Moreover, the most troublesome part was her husband's thought. I mean it's not my fault he thinks so damn loud.

I don't think loud. I think logic and I am in a much more awkward situation than you are.

She shot his head up and bit her lips. Sometimes she was also amused by her and Yudhisthir's telepathy. It helped them a lot honestly, being the emotionally introvert he is.

I looked for you where we left Jyestha and Mata. Where have you wandered?

Someplace. I had...some figuring to do about myself.

What were you figuring here? Aren't you supposed to relax a bit?

I had work to do and I still can't figure out...things.

Don't tell me. Were you hitting on some apsaras?  She narrowed her eyes.

Ha ha. Very funny. I am no Nakul or Arjun. Or in that case, any of my brothers. Panchali, have you not actually seen my face? I look like grass, and not just grass, those wild brown grass.

I am telling these because I have definitely seen your face and in that context I have seen much more than only your face--

YAGNASENI DRAUPADI! Watch your tongue! I am literally 100 year old, stop hitting on me like a teenager.

DHARMARAJ YUDHISTHIR! So why are your cheeks turning pink? I have never seen teenage unlike you. I have two kids with you, what tongue? For all we know I know your tongue.

Oh god, I can't even. I am sorry milady, but I think we are in the middle of pacifying our mother, so avert your mind from filthy thoughts.

You don't get to scold me. You were the one thinking so loud.

"I am so ashamed Yudhisthir. I-I can't...I don't know how to make you forgive me. My ego and compassion always make me a heartless person. Yudhisthir..." Madri muttered in a decible slightly higher than whisper. Her hands were fidgeting with the end part of her quilt. Her eyes didn't even dared to meet Yudhisthir's eyes, for all she knew, he might burn her.

Yudhisthir placed his hands upon Madri's shaking hands. Her mind somehow find tranquility.

"Maa, how can I forgive you, when I am not even angry?" Yudhisthir said with his calming voice. "I understand, and even if I don't I take in account of your feelings and respect them. You can never be in wrong for thinking about your children's life. It makes us human. Your blazing heart may burn me but I don't care. I will always pacify or the the least try to pacify.