At that George couldn't help but grin to himself, "You're a right popstar aren't you, Knight."

"Silence." Snape's voice washed over the classroom and Marigold turned her head to face him but George's gaze lingered for a few moments on her face.

Snape came around the class, his black robes swishing against the floor between the desks. "This is your practical list for this term, please memorise it and study the appropriate ingredient and methodology lists in your textbooks."

Snape had barely handed out more than a handful when an excited chatter rose from around the classroom. Marigold noticed partners pointing delightfully at their sheets and she frowned. Snape slipped her and George each one and Marigold picked it up eagerly, her eyes following down the list until she paused at the subject of the class' giddiness.

Week Two: Amortentia

"Amortentia!" She whispered to George, poking him excitedly in the arm.

"Wicked."

"Silence!" Snape was watching the class over his crooked nose, scowling. "Yes, I see you've all noticed that you will be performing a practical on the Amortentia potion. This is a recent addition to the potions syllabus by ..." Snape's scowl deepened, "The Ministry of Magic. I assure you, the potion you will be preparing is not the actual Amortentia, rather a close substitute. Any foolish behaviour on the day and I assure you, I will fail this whole class."

The class was quiet.

"Is that clear?"

"Yes, professor." The class echoed in response.

Marigold, however, was still beaming. She exchanged glances with George, "This is gonna be fun."

Once the first day had drawn to a close, the rest of the week passed by rather quickly. Tuesday the Hufflepuff team had the first practice of the term - Marigold was working them hard for their first match on Valentine's Day - Wednesday, Grubbly-Plank gave them a quiz on types of flying creatures that live in the Forbidden Forrest and by Thursday evening Marigold was completely ready to enjoy the weekend.

"Well, I've managed to secure us a spot." Angelina announced proudly slipping into her spot at the dinner table.

"Oh yeah?" Winslow asked, "Where?"

Beyond classes, the only thing their group had been able to talk about all week was Marigold's party. Initially, she'd been hesitant, but after hearing nothing but party plans for five straight days, she was warming up to the idea. Plus, the sound of getting tipsy on alcohol other people had paid for and still getting gifts sounded like a win-win to Marigold.

"There's a classroom up in the West Tower that hasn't been used in years," Angelina grinned wickedly, pulling a worn brass key from the pocket in her robes. "And it just so happens, that these two gents--" she motioned to Fred and George, "managed to steal the key from Filch's classroom."

There was a round of applause, "Right lads!" Diego shoved them jovially and the twins bowed dramatically.

"Consider that our birthday gift to you, Goldie." Fred quipped, tossing his arm over Marigold's shoulder and hugging her.

"Thanks, boys." She smiled at them.

The rest of the dinner was just everybody confirming their part of the plans and some sporadic talk of assignments almost due. Somewhere in the midst of conversation, a seventh year Ravenclaw boy Marigold had never spoken to in her life had patted her on the shoulder, "Thanks for the invite, Knight. I'll be there." Before bouncing off again out past the doors of the Hall.